Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:44 AM   #16
nthfinity
Regular User

It doesn't matter whether it's a Ford GT and Z06 doing it or a Trabant and Lada.
actually it does matter, a Lada, or Trabant will not be able to brake, accellerate, or weave like the Ford GT, or Z06... because of thier agility; they are safer, and superior cars for doing this kind of "stunt"
Old 09-02-2006, 01:45 AM   #17
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
. It doesn't matter whether it's a Ford GT and Z06 doing it or a Trabant and Lada.
So you have driven all 4 then I take it?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:45 AM   #18
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by r2r
Yeah, the road on 94 is perfect , and that area is never ocupied with cops since there are concrete dividers on both sides.
i shit you not, but i was just telling RC that back channel LOL. when i lived next to D-town, id drive that rout 4x a week usually...
Old 09-02-2006, 01:49 AM   #19
TeflonTron
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
It doesn't matter whether it's a Ford GT and Z06 doing it or a Trabant and Lada.
actually it does matter, a Lada, or Trabant will not be able to brake, accellerate, or weave like the Ford GT, or Z06... because of thier agility; they are safer, and superior cars for doing this kind of "stunt"
You're missing my point. I know that a Ford GT can brake better than a Lada, but the other people on the Highway may not be able to. A lot of people, upon seeing a car storming up behind them, may very well go into panic mode and brake or swerve themselves.
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:55 AM   #20
nthfinity
Regular User

You're missing my point. I know that a Ford GT can brake better than a Lada, but the other people on the Highway may not be able to. A lot of people, upon seeing a car storming up behind them, may very well go into panic mode and brake or swerve themselves.
except, thats where you are wrong, it is the guy who is driving like a madman who has the control... if they see them coming up behind them; they dont panic and hit the brakes.... welcome to Detroit... they either drive faster to keep watching the car, or get out of the way.

also
That's Camilo for anyone who didn't notice.

For what it's worth, I do in fact drive like a maniac entering and exiting downtown. And while in downtown actually. The roads immediately entering and exiting the city are a kind of lawless paradise. For years they were so so so SO terribly ruined by no-axle limit trucks that they were virtually undriveable. One Super Bowl and 5 years worth of road repairs to mask the disrepair later, it's like a mini-autobahn.

55? Add a 1 in front of that and we'll call it a day
welcome to that section of D-town. even when the roads were shite, 100 wasn't uncommon... speed limit 55; and everybody does 80 through there... then, suddenly when the speed limit is 70, people drop down to 63 to make up for it .... coincidentally, that is also shortly before the first police hideout :p

the car with the greater abilities has the most control over a driving event. highways are 99.6% predictable driving.... hence why there arent many accidents every day

so basically... having better brakes helps the lawless citicen stay safer, having better handling keeps him safer, and being able to accellerate also keeps him safer even among such Lada's (or in our case, Chevy Malabus, and Ford Taurus 4 cylinders)
Old 09-02-2006, 01:57 AM   #21
RC45
Regular User

but the other people on the Highway may not be able to.
So - thats why we.. uhm, I mean, they drive around them like rolling pylons..

A lot of people, upon seeing a car storming up behind them, may very well go into panic mode and brake or swerve themselves.
LOL - yeah - sure...

Most people are so fast asleep and moronic in their on-road attention they don't even know about cars coming up behind until they whiz by..

But what would I know, I don't drive like that.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:02 AM   #22
r2r
Regular User

That's Camilo for anyone who didn't notice.

For what it's worth, I do in fact drive like a maniac entering and exiting downtown. And while in downtown actually. The roads immediately entering and exiting the city are a kind of lawless paradise. For years they were so so so SO terribly ruined by no-axle limit trucks that they were virtually undriveable. One Super Bowl and 5 years worth of road repairs to mask the disrepair later, it's like a mini-autobahn.

55? Add a 1 in front of that and we'll call it a day
Yeah, that sums up D-town pretty well!
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:07 AM   #23
TeflonTron
Regular User

Okay: so who condones driving like this video? Hands up!
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:13 AM   #24
nthfinity
Regular User

welcome to the world of fast cars, and video cameras; and the internet.

people have been doing this long before we were born.

also, if it caused so many accidents, how come we dont see more Z06's, Ford GT's, Lambos, Ferraris on the side of the highway causing the traffic jams?

do i condone it

uh.... they build em
Old 09-02-2006, 02:18 AM   #25
RC45
Regular User

Okay: so who condones driving like this video? Hands up!
What's a condone?
Old 09-02-2006, 02:53 AM   #26
pterps
Regular User

Nice video, they don't seem to be affraid for the cops. I think you'll have a BIG problem if you get caught with these speeds in USA?

As Finishing Touch, God Created The Dutch..
pterps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:04 AM   #27
RC45
Regular User

And not in the Netherlands?
Old 09-02-2006, 03:08 AM   #28
pterps
Regular User

I knew someone was gonna say that, well also in Holland, they would take of your car and you license, and you have to pay a of lot money. That's why we go to the German Autobahn

But I thought it could be even worse in america, like jail?

As Finishing Touch, God Created The Dutch..
pterps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:17 AM   #29
nthfinity
Regular User

But I thought it could be even worse in america, like jail?
you get a fine, sure.... but it isn't based on your income.

you get points on your licence.... again, not based on your income (for insurance costs)

you could spend the night in jail sure.... but its not exactly a big "crime"
Old 09-02-2006, 03:17 AM   #30
RC45
Regular User

Jail?
Why?