Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 06-14-2006, 03:18 AM   #16
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by stmoritzer
Originally Posted by yg60m
Pics mate ?? We want pics and vids Your friend also have a Dauer and a Veyron ?? If it wasn't you I wouldn't believe it If you can get pics of these cars too ...
If I understand right, he owns 1 of the 3 fastest car, means "only" the Vector.

Cool ride dude , that car was one of my dreamcars as a child ,
can't wait for more pics ...
Ooops ops: didn't read it well
Old 06-14-2006, 04:41 AM   #17
cooperluke
Regular User

Wow... that is something of another world. Almost sci-fi!

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:26 AM   #18
MartijnGizmo
Regular User

Negative G's? Sure, every time I hit the brake.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:48 AM   #19
dingo
Regular User

It can't be too many negative G's, as AFAIK your blood vessels (eyes) will rupture at only a couple of G's.

I've been in some very fast cars (F50, F430, CS, Murci, GT2 etc etc) at very high speeds (300+) but don't think I've had this feeling....
Old 06-14-2006, 07:37 AM   #20
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
Pics mate ?? We want pics and vids Your friend also have a Dauer and a Veyron ?? If it wasn't you I wouldn't believe it If you can get pics of these cars too ...
Originally Posted by davide
What a cocktease, saying that you got a ride in a Bugatti Dauer and only sharing one picture!

How rude....
sorry to disappoint...

He owns only ONE OF the three I mentioned

however... i'd love to get my hands on/in the others as well

I'm lining up more cars too

Originally Posted by dingo
It can't be too many negative G's, as AFAIK your blood vessels (eyes) will rupture at only a couple of G's.

I've been in some very fast cars (F50, F430, CS, Murci, GT2 etc etc) at very high speeds (300+) but don't think I've had this feeling....
not too many nagative G's of course, and definately not sustained.

I'm sure a few of those provide sufficiant d/f to do the same thing

Edit:
also, at the speeds we were going..... it does make me wonder about the two Enzo crashes... as i am sure they occured under similar circomstances to become air-born. 162 wasn't that much faster then what we were going.

another reason "the cars of the Margaret Thatcher era are greater then todays supercars"

Also.... does the Murcie actually produce much d/f??
Old 06-14-2006, 08:02 AM   #21
Evo
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Hey does the Vector W8 have an automatic gearbox???
a 3 speed auto
1rst to about 85 mph
2nd to 165 or so
3rd to 242 RPM limited

the car stays on boost between shifts too

are you familiar with the car in Prince Kalhid's collection? (i might be slaughtering his name... but in the Saudi royal family)
3 speed for a supercar.. Good old days. Hehehe..

No idea who is Prince Khalid but I heard about Prince Walid Bin Talal.. He got the Bat Mobile.. But never saw any other pic of his garage ..'

What about Prince Khalid. ?
Old 06-14-2006, 08:08 AM   #22
nthfinity
Regular User

3 speed for a supercar.. Good old days. Hehehe..

No idea who is Prince Khalid but I heard about Prince Walid Bin Talal.. He got the Bat Mobile.. But never saw any other pic of his garage ..'

What about Prince Khalid. ?
Khalid (or whatever his name is... ops: ) owns the only "lost" Vector W8... it isn't lost, but you can't just go to see it.

last anybody knows its still sitting proudly on a rotating pedistal, and not in a mungy garage... but well, with the royal family, you dont contact them.... they contact you
Old 06-14-2006, 08:15 AM   #23
LotusGT1
Regular User

Sunday I met up with my friend who happens to own one of the 3 fastest production cars ever made. (Bugatti Veyron, Dauer 962, Vector W8 [anybody who truly knows about the McLaren run knows they had performed many cheats... and haven't provided any official cirtified runs... the Dauer was so aerodynamic, powerful, and actually capable of 241+ at Le Mans... why wouldn't it be capable of 252 mph with less drag/less down force?]
The Dauer is NOT a production car (the ones running at Le Mans was probably not streetlegal, so your theory won't hold), the McLaren had the rev. limiter removed and a higher flow exhaust from what I've heard, you haven't mentioned the Koenigsegg which broke the F1's official record, and you are the only one on the whole internet claiming the Vector can go over 220 mph. Let's say your claim is fishy at best.

Which doesn't mean it must have been an awesome experience 8)
Old 06-14-2006, 08:26 AM   #24
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
Sunday I met up with my friend who happens to own one of the 3 fastest production cars ever made. (Bugatti Veyron, Dauer 962, Vector W8 [anybody who truly knows about the McLaren run knows they had performed many cheats... and haven't provided any official cirtified runs... the Dauer was so aerodynamic, powerful, and actually capable of 241+ at Le Mans... why wouldn't it be capable of 252 mph with less drag/less down force?]
The Dauer is NOT a production car (the ones running at Le Mans was probably not streetlegal, so your theory won't hold), the McLaren had the rev. limiter removed and a higher flow exhaust from what I've heard, you haven't mentioned the Koenigsegg which broke the F1's official record, and you are the only one on the whole internet claiming the Vector can go over 220 mph. Let's say your claim is fishy at best.

Which doesn't mean it must have been an awesome experience 8)
first:

The McLaren running at 24x mph was a total joke.
why?
Duct tape on all the panel gaps
a F1 LM w/out the rear wing
delimited
officially timed MY ASS

second:
Vector W8 was run to 242.x MPH at Boneville, and was cirtified; and has been published on a now dead magazine called "Top Wheels" and it had the previous high-downforce wing on it, not the one used today... RPM Limited folks :
Lotus = OWNED

Third:
Dauer is about as much production car as the F1 LM that set that "record" and is definately street legal.

The one at le mans wasn't street legal, it was about 150-250 extra hp. the Dauer has 735 hp, weighs at 2200 lbs, and has a Cd. of .31; wheras the Le Mans long tail config of the race car had .46

to think that its slower is just stupid
Lotus = OWNED

of the three, ONLY the Vector, and the Bugatti have (or in the case of the Vector had) a full warentee on pretty much everything... but i'm sure Jochen Dauer would take care of you too.

you are simplly just another fanboy of the F1. Meet people who own them/drive them etc. your views will change
Old 06-14-2006, 09:18 AM   #25
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

I pull around 3 G's negative and positive on the track with my go kart

Great to see you got a ride in the Vector... hope you ahve some footage in addition to the photos..
Old 06-14-2006, 09:22 AM   #26
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
I pull around 3 G's negative and positive on the track with my go kart

Great to see you got a ride in the Vector... hope you ahve some footage in addition to the photos..
im speaking of positive normal, and negative normal forces.... not longatudinal/lateral forces

who, what where? video? huh?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:36 AM   #27
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evo
nthfinity Thanks

Hey does the Vector W8 have an automatic gearbox???

SWT : What car did that to you.. I have a feeling it's a FWD car because it lifted the rear wheel and drove off with out much drama.
it was in my truck on a back road, i was trying to keep up with my friend in his mustang. i lifted enough to spin the wheels. i was covering over the top of a hill.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:50 AM   #28
LotusGT1
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
first:

The McLaren running at 24x mph was a total joke.
why?
Duct tape on all the panel gaps
a F1 LM w/out the rear wing
delimited
officially timed MY ASS

second:
Vector W8 was run to 242.x MPH at Boneville, and was cirtified; and has been published on a now dead magazine called "Top Wheels" and it had the previous high-downforce wing on it, not the one used today... RPM Limited folks :
Lotus = OWNED

Third:
Dauer is about as much production car as the F1 LM that set that "record" and is definately street legal.

The one at le mans wasn't street legal, it was about 150-250 extra hp. the Dauer has 735 hp, weighs at 2200 lbs, and has a Cd. of .31; wheras the Le Mans long tail config of the race car had .46

to think that its slower is just stupid
Lotus = OWNED

of the three, ONLY the Vector, and the Bugatti have (or in the case of the Vector had) a full warentee on pretty much everything... but i'm sure Jochen Dauer would take care of you too.

you are simplly just another fanboy of the F1. Meet people who own them/drive them etc. your views will change
LOL, it wouldn't be the first time nth THINKS he's smart, but in reality isn't.

I never said the F1 which ran 240mph was stock. However, at a shootout Koenigsegg set a stock F1 ran 231 mph. Both times are documented and certified. That is exactly where your Vector claims fail. I have never seen any documented 240+ mph run of the W8, and you appearantly can't show it. A magazine which doesn't excist anymore? Why wasn't it published in the Guiness Book of Records? Nobody can check that W8 was stock or not, etc etc...Fishy.

Secondly, there is a distinct different between a streetlegal car and a production vehicle. The Dauer is a streetlegal car, but calling it a production car is streching definitions by a long shot. Where the Sledgehammer Corvette then (faster), what's the topspeed of tuner cars from Lingenfelter f.e etc. etc.

There's also a distinct difference between the Dauer which ran Le Mans and the streetlegal version. I've yet to see the street legal one being faster than the Le Mans one. It has never been proven. We don't know how the aerodynamics of the weaker but sleaker street-Dauer hold above 240 mph. But that's hardly the point.

I'm confident the Dauer can smash both the Vector, McLaren and Koenigsegg for that matter on sheer speed, but the Dauer is a racecar converted for street use, where the others were developed as a street car from scratch. No surprise really.

With all those claims, first see it, before believing it. It took Koenigsegg a few years before they could back up their claims. I'm not saying the W8 can't get over 240mph but it sounds a bit fishy when nothing seems to be documented, or no proof can be shown.

I don't believe in words that easily, especially when they come from somebody with a big mouth, but has been proven wrong o so many times. So instead of talking like an idiot I suggest you read first, and take a deep breath. I merely said your statement of driving on of the three fastest cars in the world was bold. And it is. One thing though, don't say people are OWNED by yourself. Besides the fact that it is pretty queer behaviour, you're piss-poor at it too.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:55 AM   #29
dingo
Regular User

Hehe, I don't really like the Vector but this just got a whole lot more interesting....
Old 06-14-2006, 10:06 AM   #30
nthfinity
Regular User

I don't believe in words that easily, especially when they come from somebody with a big mouth, but has been proven wrong o so many times. So instead of talking like an idiot I suggest you read first, and take a deep breath. I merely said your statement of driving on of the three fastest cars in the world was bold. And it is. One thing though, don't say people are OWNED by yourself. Besides the fact that it is pretty queer behaviour, you're piss-poor at it too.
of course its a bold, and accurate statement

my mouth is only "big" when i'm passionate about something... what reason do i have for lying? I'll provide the documentation all in due time... the shear number of perodicals on the Vector is staggering concidering how much people dont remember/know about it.

why do you think the Michilen XGT Plust tires are only cirtified for the Vector @ 250 mph? they are 200+ for the other cars that it could be fitted to...

On the Koenigsegg... well, that is just as fast... but didn't i mention something about full factory backing of the powertrain? well, i suppose Koenigsegg have a 3,000 mile warenty now

so... strip Dauer from my list, and add Koenigsegg... McLaren F1 still isn't up there... she's too slow

oh... i dont think i have the Nardo top speed video of the F1, i'd definately be interested in seeing it.