Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 12-05-2004, 01:50 AM   #16
oscargarza88
Regular User

well yea its hard to decide with all the different opinions here...
-about practicality i dont think i care, i can live with a moment where i needed space for something/someone, rather than having it around all the time, where i wont b using it all the time...
-everso u got a point, but dont u think the s3 would stand out more in the US? cause no one has one., where eveyone knows about the TT (its doesnt mean i dont like it though!).
but i dont think i could decid without driving them, cause i can only base my opinion on opinions. ill just have to drive the cars and then decide...
thanks everyone, i will keep u updated when i buy it , just dont expect that anytime soon
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 02:20 AM   #17
oscargarza88
Regular User

yea i will my problem is that i also get "obsessed" with cars b4 actually even getting in it (sometimes), but then i change my mind, i once liked alot the TT, then the wrx, then the s2000 ALOT, (among others), and the idea of the TT just popped in my head again together witht the s3. right now im like between the TT, S3 and s2k, i got in the s2k and i just loved it, so driving it must mak eme li ke it better, the only thing that gets me thinking is that its a "honda" and i hate all hondas, xcept the S of coarse.
but as i said earlier i wont b able to decide until i drive them, and i will drive them when i seriously talk about getting a car, and when that comes i will make a apropiate thread to get opinions since there will b a bit more questions u guys will need to hel me with

oh and about the s2k u mean open roads like just open roads or like "mountain curves" cause i live like 30-40 mins from the city
Old 12-05-2004, 02:32 AM   #18
oscargarza88
Regular User

yep i agree.
no reson to comment any more hehe.
and yea i care about style, but i had the s2k in mind since its faster than the TT ( well i thought that, i know u can proove me wrong)
ohh and just one more thing. whats the 1/4 mile times on these cars stock, i know the 2sk does it like in 14 flat i think, the other im not sure, doesnt the TT do it like in 14.3? i don tknow.
but anyway u kinda convinced me, the TT is more of a overall performer not like the s2k that "demands" you to drive hard almost all the time(revving and such). and anyway anytime i see it on the road i stare at it...
and maintainance wise not a big problem, mexico is closer than u think...
well thanks alot everso!
Old 12-05-2004, 02:48 AM   #19
oscargarza88
Regular User

well thanks 4 ur help everso

i would rather have a "good looking" car and sacrifice a bit of performance, rather than just raw performance without the looks.

oh and btw what does urs run? im thinking around 13.7-5?
Old 12-05-2004, 02:56 AM   #20
oscargarza88
Regular User

oh thats plenty fast for me i dont need any more... for now... hehe
oh thanks alot again and ill stop bothering u now
Old 12-05-2004, 01:20 PM   #21
ARMAN
Regular User

Man, oscar, I would LOVE to have your problems

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 08:57 PM   #22
oscargarza88
Regular User

^^

LOL!!!
i havent thought of it that way... i havent thought that people my age dont ahve "these problems"...
Old 12-05-2004, 09:28 PM   #23
oscargarza88
Regular User

oh hey i got a question:
how come in top gear they put the TT as seriously uncool?!

did soone see when they put it there and what reason did the give?
Old 12-05-2004, 10:28 PM   #24
oscargarza88
Regular User

i know what u mean im all confused too... but its tru tha table doesnt apply in the US.
here where i live there arent many, u do see plenty which i dont like alot, but not as many as lets say a mustang...
thanks again everso.
and btw are there any reviews of the 225 TT cause i just saw the V6 one...and about the understeer, u said that ur car doesnt understeer as much as like in the vid. could it be because of the bigger engine in the front? heavier so more weight on the front tires? so its not as bad as it seems in the vid right. just wondering.
and while im on it could u give me a good aftermarket page for the TT?
thanks again
Old 12-06-2004, 12:07 AM   #25
oscargarza88
Regular User

wow gone, that was the cars "bad part" and its eliminated... great!, so what the bad part about the car now? well if it has one...

ohh and look what i found... this is the key to the TT that my dad had, he sold it but well it had a bunch of keys so we forgot to give this one by mistake, i think we have th eplastic one around too...
ill just keep it... at least it looks cool hanging from my pocket jk.

i cant give it back since he lives like in the middle of mexico... he doesnt need it anyways...
Old 12-06-2004, 12:49 AM   #26
oscargarza88
Regular User

noo, i really really doubt it was my dad, 1st he doesnt ave time, and also he is not a computer/internet "fan" he just uses it fot his job, he doesnt surf or anything....

ohh and the backseat isnt small... its tiny!!! i had to go in it once, and im about 5 11... i went sideways, sitting down straight in one seat i think is imposible for anyone over 5 years old haha.

downsides... not anything i cant live with...
Old 12-06-2004, 12:27 PM   #27
martin100
Regular User

Originally Posted by Schwalbe JG 44
I believe the choice is really a question of use of the vehicle. Personally, I would take the Audi S3. For those who are able to wait and have the money I recommend to you the upcoming 2006 Audi RS3 V6 3.2L biturbo 350hp. !!!
There is no official confirmation that they´ll actually build an RS3. S3 for sure i think next year, but i doubt they´ll actually do a RS3
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:11 PM   #28
cooperluke
Regular User

I would go to the Leon Cupra R 225hp 4wd!!

Much more driver focused.. I think! And cheaper too!!!

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:02 PM   #29
oscargarza88
Regular User

a cupra r with awd?! i heard this b4 but i thought they prooved the guy wrong... do u have a link or something, because in fact i thought of buying one too, and they r cheaper, and well it would b like the S3, no one would have one here in the US, but i dont know, the TT is better i think, and in mexico they only have the fwd, if there was a awd then i would think of it more...

and that thing about the TT looking like the S3... it doesnt look like it for me...
Old 12-07-2004, 10:51 AM   #30
gat
Regular User

Ive been lucky enough to drive an S3 round Silverstone.

It was my warm up car before the 355, 911 & Viper GTS.

My comments on the car from what I remember.

The steering is so light, you dont really get a feel for the road.
Im sure it would come after practice, but after getting out of my non-power assisted lowerd, wide wheeled 106, the steering felt too light.

So light in fact that i found my self steering too hard into corners and 4 wheel powersliding. (Which was quite fun), but not what you want on a track when your trying to set a fast lap time.

Anyway, it was quite fast, touch of lagg, then nice smooth power.
Breaks are also shit hot, first tap of the breaks I skidded all 4 wheels again. lol

I did go on to get a 87% score at the end of the day which i was proud of, so i wasnt that as bad as im making out. over taking a Viper in the Porsche and Finding the 355 the best drive of the day (Jabbs, you a lucky man)

Im sure the TT would handle better, But the S3 would be an excelent every day car. Although for the price, Id get an Elise.
gat is offline   Reply With Quote