Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 11-14-2004, 12:17 PM   #16
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by corvette97
mmmm, i know that is not more efficient thatn a supchrger, but will the car gain any power? (although i know 35hp is idiotic for a sheet of metal)
No, you couldn't get more hp with that stuff, real and valuable hp. The only way that thing would and should work is to obtain a better air/fuel mixture, to obtain better fuel economy.
But nowadays, engines and all of their parts are designed to have the best performance the design and money could buy, all by the air intakes creating the best vortex and flows so that the fuel burns better. So maybe that piece of metal sheet instead of creating a better air/fuel mixture, it only makes it worse.
Maybe you could buy one today, and have a very strict control in your fuel consumption, just to see if you saved... 20 usd. Simply don't try it at home
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 04:30 PM   #17
Blip
Regular User

Not bad for 70 Dollars.

Maybe it will slightly increase power on a crappy old car with a smaller enginer,

Otherwise, pretty much useless !

Drive it like you stole it !
Blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 05:03 PM   #18
Evo
Regular User

This is just like that advertisments you see late at night where a guy use this machine and lose 30KG over night and gained a musculer body.

This is the same but with cars.. I say BS..
Old 11-19-2004, 07:51 AM   #19
adamk24
Regular User

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_pr...wer/index.html

These things make you lose power from the Intake Restriction, and they also fuck up the way your stock ECU reads air flow. Seriously If you want to make power there is no cheap trick around it. (unless nitrous counts) Thomas Knight proved over 4 years ago what it took to actually make power with electric superchargers. And people still fall for this stuff.....

http://www.boosthead.com/home.php
adamk24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:53 AM   #20
adamk24
Regular User

Just for the Record those Thomas Knight Electric Supercharges totally kick ass. They make boost whenever you turn it on. Its not based on RPM or Spool like a turbo or belt supercharger. I am really a big fan of Thomas Knight just for sticking with the idea till they got something that actually works. Its just a shame that the batteries for the kit wiegh the car down so much.
adamk24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 10:16 AM   #21
oldsnail
Regular User

it looks like a blowdryer on a car.
actually, i think it is a blowdryer