Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 12-06-2004, 10:21 AM   #16
TT
Regular User

Well thw two french coverages were not really that good.. Eurosport did it in less than 60 minutes, cutting out basically EVERYTHING.. impossible to understand who raced who for what.. total shit, not worth the time.. ABMoteurs did better, sadly their coverage was like 4 or 4:30 hours long.. so a bit boring in the end and too big to be encoded uploaded .. so we need to know about the US or UK coverages and see if one is good enough
Old 12-06-2004, 10:32 AM   #17
dingo
Regular User

Thats no good....lets hope someone from those areas comes up with the goods.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:11 PM   #18
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
ABMoteurs did better, sadly their coverage was like 4 or 4:30 hours long.. so a bit boring in the end and too big to be encoded uploaded .. so we need to know about the US or UK coverages and see if one is good enough
so... can the ABMoteurs coverage be edited? so it can be a respectable size?
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 04:18 PM   #19
TT
Regular User

Well, it would take lot of time to do some proper editing and there is ppl usually paid for such an hassle
And I doubt Yann has the time to do it.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:21 PM   #20
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Well, it would take lot of time to do some proper editing and there is ppl usually paid for such an hassle
I would edit it with movie maker , or anyother program. I'm free for a couple of weeks.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:45 PM   #21
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by antonioledesma
Originally Posted by TT
I would edit it with movie maker , or anyother program. I'm free for a couple of weeks.
Damn you and your freedom. I've got 5 finals, 2 presentations and 3 lab reports to study for and/or finish in the next 10 days before I go home for x-mas. Oh the insanity!!!

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:14 AM   #22
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
Originally Posted by TT

Damn you and your freedom. I've got 5 finals, 2 presentations and 3 lab reports to study for and/or finish in the next 10 days before I go home for x-mas. Oh the insanity!!!
I'l rephrase: I'm OUT OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!
at last... I finished college

so... if I had the editing prog and the vid, I would do it
Old 12-08-2004, 03:08 PM   #23
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
Originally Posted by TT

I'l rephrase: I'm OUT OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!
at last... I finished college

so... if I had the editing prog and the vid, I would do it
LOL...that's not going to happen for a while for me...after yet another semester of undergrad in the fall (4.5 year program), I'll be off to grad school of one sort or another. Definetely won't be out of school for a while...

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:07 PM   #24
akumapc
Regular User

Just finished watching it.. The eurosport version is upped at F1racingworld.com here is the link below for those who already have an account. About 850MB and they totally fucked up the scoring system so most of the time you don't know who's racing who All I have to say is that it was held in france, judged by french judges, and totally biased towards france. There were penalties that should have been called that weren't, race restarts that should have happened but didn't, and cars that could not get into gear that should have either been retired or replaced. From a purely objective point of view the real winners of this event were Finland.

http://www.f1racingworld.com/downloa...0Cup%202004%20[ENG].avi.torrent
Old 12-09-2004, 04:32 AM   #25
jakaracman
Regular User

Originally Posted by akumapc
Just finished watching it.. The eurosport version is upped at F1racingworld.com here is the link below for those who already have an account. About 850MB and they totally fucked up the scoring system so most of the time you don't know who's racing who All I have to say is that it was held in france, judged by french judges, and totally biased towards france. There were penalties that should have been called that weren't, race restarts that should have happened but didn't, and cars that could not get into gear that should have either been retired or replaced. From a purely objective point of view the real winners of this event were Finland.

http://www.f1racingworld.com/downloa...0Cup%202004%20[ENG].avi.torrent
What's fucked up is Eurosport commentators. I was at the race (as a journalist) and there was a detailed programme who's racing who's when. It was wery well organised ...
As for judges: there were a lot more touches of the barriers than the judges called (with all the driver, not just french). There were no restarts (it was clearly stated that there would be no restarts in any case, but the eurosport goys obviously did not read infos), and you cannot replace car if there are no replacement cars. It's just bad luck, which is part of racing.
As for Finland being the real winner: why: Kovalainen was astoundingly good, but Gronholm had a very bad day. YOu could argue that Kovalainen would win the decisive race if his car was OK, but if (by chance) the event was planned so there would be 3 races of Loeb/Gronholm and only 2 of Alesi/Kovalainen, France would win anyway. So it's a question of luck. Who dirves wihich car was determined before the racing begun and it could also be Alesi in broken down ferrari.
The one and only real star of the whole event was Kovalainen and that was obvious ...
jakaracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:19 AM   #26
evoWalo
Regular User

Anyone having success downloading the torrent from F1RacingWorld? My connection doesnt move at all!
Old 12-10-2004, 10:12 PM   #27
akumapc
Regular User

if downloading off f1racingworld.com you must make sure you are connectable. that means you are not using a port blocked by your isp (use port 7001) and you have to be seen by others on the internet. If you have a firewall you must make your comp the DMZ host or use port forwarding to your IP addy. I got 250kps download off that with 100+ seeders