Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 02-14-2005, 03:25 PM   #16
dropot2
Regular User

Talking about the GT40...in GT4 I've only seen a pic of it with an ugly rear wing...is it the only model of the GT40 in the game??
dropot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 05:48 PM   #17
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Go over to GTP and check out their section on Prize cars list. They even have pictures of the car you get!
Old 02-14-2005, 06:53 PM   #18
Mers
Regular User

I did it in two different ways...
1. I raced the race where you get it, and got it second time (race car)...
2. Lost my patience, borrowed a gameshark and just did 1 lap enduros....
Old 02-14-2005, 07:54 PM   #19
TransAm
Regular User

Originally Posted by komotar
Originally Posted by TransAm2001
I think the GT40 race is the best non-open wheel car in GT3, I find it so easy to drive fast. I was lucky enough to win it: go to www.gamefaqs.com and download a race prizes FAQ, do the race you need to do to win it, win the race (doh) and at the end you can be quick on the x button when the 4 cars are silhouetted out when you gets yer prize.

This chat about the GT40 reminds me of how the GT40 would 'appear' in some lower level races in GT2 occasionally when it shouldnt. It was a glitch fixed in later releases. I have the earlier release and it's a bitch when it turns up in the 'below 345hp' class races (i think its those ones anyway).
You can't control the car you are going to get with pressing the x button.

You just drive well the first 9 races (if it's a ten race tournament) and save the game after race 9. Then you can always load the game, skip the 10th race and wait for the car....
I thought you could. Maybe it is a myth but I read somewhere that in GT3 you can hit X when the moving circle goes under the blacked out car you want. It is difficult as the circle is moving round once every second or two but apparently you get whatever car was highlighted when you hit X...

edit: see the bottom post in link:
http://www.gtboards.com/index.php?s=...f&showtopic=62

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 06:01 PM   #20
nurbrun
Regular User

Originally Posted by komotar
The other has no stickers and comes in black, green, red, white, I'm not sure about the colours, there maybe more.

I always wanted to get the black one, so I loaded that last race dozens of times to get the colour I wanted....
i got my road Gt40 in piss yellow, just disgusting :shock:
Old 03-06-2005, 07:04 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dropot2
Talking about the GT40...in GT4 I've only seen a pic of it with an ugly rear wing...is it the only model of the GT40 in the game??
There are 5 versions of the new Ford GT in GT4... the white with blue stripes road car, a white with NO stripes road car, the yellow concept car - and the Gulf livery LM race car version and the white LM Spec II race car (from the opening credits) with the wing.

Seems there is only the Gulf '96 GT40.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote