Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 05-17-2004, 02:03 AM   #16
MB300E87
Regular User

i dunno i think that Ferrari is in the business of (among other things) making great looking cars. and to me the new ones are still awesome looking. so i don't see that as a problem. and to me there still is a resemblence. i guess its a subjective thing though.l
Old 05-17-2004, 02:57 AM   #17
5.7 V10
Regular User

Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
Well, the 612 is based on one of Ferrari's earliest 2+2 models...

But for the new styling, I love it! The oldest Ferrari I would like to own is a 512 TR. Everything else (from the '80s and '70s) really doesn't appeal to me. So, I'm happy with the current lineup of Ferrari... Just look at the beautiful 575
Yeah, one of the only new Ferrari's i like
is the 575M. Always liked the 550 due to it's
plain and nice looks. Total beast. MMM, give
me an F1 575M in this silver with these wheels.
Black interior

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 04:53 AM   #18
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
Originally Posted by dingo21
I think the modern Ferrari's look better than the older ones. I personally love the look of the 360 and the Enzo.
oh, those rear taillights are terrible. why!?!?
I agree, but who cares what they look like when you have a twin-supercharged 606hp Ferrari?
Old 05-17-2004, 05:13 AM   #19
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by bobafett
Oh, I meant to add that anyone who considers a Murci, a Gallardo, a Veyron, etc. aesthetically beautiful needs an eye exam...

--Dan
Then i guess I need an eye exam. I don't like the Veyron, but I think the Murcielago is the most beautiful car on the road today.

I think someone who doesn't find the below picture beautiful needs an eye exam....lol.

dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 07:39 AM   #20
adlinyusman
Regular User

yeah then i need an eye exam too. I love the Murcielago, gallardo and almost all lambos except the 4x4 LM variant. Regarding ferraris, i was in the same camp a couple of months ago when i first sat in the 612 during its world tour. I thought it was ghastly; not enough love and too much function. However since the months have rolled by (and was given the opportunity to test drive one), i have to say that it has grown on me, it's not the shape which brings me the bulk of its qualities, but rather, the way it sounds and drives. Regardless of what everyone has said about the 612, it is a proper ferrari, and when it's a proper ferrari, it is definately one up on any other car make or producer in the world.

adlinyusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:32 AM   #21
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Problem with the 612 is that it was designed by someone named Ken.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:35 AM   #22
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
I think the modern Ferrari's look better than the older ones. I personally love the look of the 360 and the Enzo.
oh, those rear taillights are terrible. why!?!?
I agree, but who cares what they look like when you have a twin-supercharged 606hp Ferrari?
Cause it isn't a Ferrari, neither is the twin turbo. I wouldn't tune my Ferrari (if i had one) unless it was done by Ferrari itself.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:41 AM   #23
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by bobafett
Oh, I meant to add that anyone who considers a Murci, a Gallardo, a Veyron, etc. aesthetically beautiful needs an eye exam...

--Dan
Then i guess I need an eye exam. I don't like the Veyron, but I think the Murcielago is the most beautiful car on the road today.
Murcielago is hardly beautiful. It's not shocking as the Miura,Countach, or Diablo to look at. It's a styling derivitive of all three. And it looks rather fat compared with the Diablo
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:49 AM   #24
dingo
Regular User

^^ well thats your opinion, everyone has different tastes and it definately suits my taste.

Regarding your previous post.......Who cares by who your Ferrari is tuned, if Ferrari bolts on two superchargers (not turbos) or some tuning company like Novitec does it....you get the same result.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:56 AM   #25
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

I´m sure we´ve already had this discussion here on JW...I remember clearly posting my opinion on this...

well I do think Ferraris are getting uglier... to me the most beautiful Ferrari ever is the 355...followed by the almighty 288GTO...the square shape apealed to me alot more than the more rounded one of todays ferraris...I´d take the 355 over the 360 in a heartbeat...

but I don´t think they have a problem...nor do they lack passion...I´m sure the 360, Enzo and 612 have so much passion put in them as older Ferraris...and they are still amazing cars...I do think the Enzo deserves it´s name...it´s an astonishing machine...

One more thing I´d like to point out....I´m sure if I ask my little brother to choose between the 355 and the 360, I´m sure he´ll say he likes the 360 way better...just like if you ask your father what he likes better, older ferrais or newer, I´m sure most wil say older...opinions change with age also...most of us grew up admiring the squared shaped Ferraris...newer generations will grow up admiring the current styling cues...

The bottom line is...Ferraris will ALWAYS be beautiful, and made with passion...boys, young men and old men will stop and dream of them...

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:18 PM   #26
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

That is true...I agree
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:34 PM   #27
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5.7 V10
Originally Posted by thenumber1
Originally Posted by 5.7 V10
F40 is much different then the Enzo. 612 much different then the 456. The 355 is much different then the Modena. In my opinion of course.
F40 --> F50 --> Enzo... ther is a slight trend as the design gets more extreme and influenced by F1 cars. (the front of the Enzo is very similar to the F50)

456 --> 612... there is more than a resemblence. The profiles of the cars are very similar, with a typically long nose, rear-heavy design. Thats just my opinion though..
Yes, you are right. The design is unfluned by F1 cars. But they still look nothing alike IMO. The F50 sorta of looks like an Enzo. But the F40 looks completley different from the Enzo. I don't see the 456-612 resemblence. Profile yes. But the tailight's, rear and front are so much different. In my opinion.
Here we go... 456 and 612 resemblance.

Old 05-17-2004, 02:40 PM   #28
Tomerville
Regular User

I still prefer the F355 Anyday to a Modena...I think they are getting ugly.

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Tomerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:35 PM   #29
bobafett
Regular User

Dingo: variety is what makes the world go round. Book me an appointment with your optometrist!

--Dan
Old 05-18-2004, 02:39 AM   #30
dingo
Regular User

lol........will do, he comes highly recommended, should have you fixed up in no time.