Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 06-14-2004, 12:39 PM   #16
Garretts_turbo
Regular User

whatever happened to the "corn oil revolution" that was going to make desiels get a lot more MPG and so forth? are people doing this or did this idea die down?
Old 06-23-2004, 04:07 PM   #17
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

I think that the future of diesel engines is going to be less certain when(i think in 2006) the price of the petrol is going to be the same as diesels, and, in addition, i think that in the following years, its going to be the future of direct injected engines though, im completely sure that in a few years time, the 100% of engines are going to be feeded by the direct injection
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 05:12 PM   #18
TT
Regular User

im completely sure that in a few years time, the 100% of engines are going to be feeded by the direct injection
Uhm.. no idea what do you mean with "few years", but I fear in a "few years" petrol as we know it will be just a nice memory and we will see mre and more fuel cell, electric cars and such...
Old 06-23-2004, 07:31 PM   #19
Bling
Regular User

diesel's are great. with that said i probably won't buy one. if i were to buy a truck, for sure it would be. thamar is right about the torque. also, diesel's can run almost completely submerged, as long as they have exhaust and intake above water. thats pretty cool. also, diesels are dependable, they last a LONG time. Why do you think big rigs run them??? i dont know about you guys, but diesel is about 40 cents cheaper than 87 octane(lowest grade) down here in Ga. the price stays more static vs unleaded because of farming and besides it's easier to produce, less refinement.

but like i said, i like unleaded cars, specifically turbo ones. torque rules, but when you race corners, having more than 3k of revs is nice.
Bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:53 PM   #20
X-ale
Regular User

After the end of fossil fuel production, thats around in the 15 years or so, you'll have choices like electric engines prolly powered by liquid hydrogen or still our good old diesels that we could mod to biodiesel... petrol engine will be a thing of a chaotic past were capitalist stupidity reign... much like the crusades and inquisition time but now the black gold is the religion
X-ale is offline   Reply With Quote