Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 07-15-2004, 12:53 PM   #16
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
Whats the average amount of time it takes you guys to leave a stop? it takes me about 3-5 seconds is that good? I know some guys can do it as soon as the light turns green.
Well that is kind of long. But you are still learning so thats ok. With manuals its all about experiance You just need to drive drive and drive and learn the box, see how things work etc.

Its should not take you 3 seconds to leave a stop. Just find the bite point of the Z3s clutch. I rember in my dads old LADA2108 the actual clutch engagment point was short with the rest of the travel just being ahhh "travel". Actually it depended on the clutch. Since it was changed a couple of times.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 02:40 PM   #17
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by blinkmeat
Nice idea about the vids, do you drive it hard? Can't wait to see
HELLL NO. I would kill myself if i wreck this baby. the craziest thing i ever did was play with a 911 on the highway. my brother drives this thing hard though, and i just baby it.

If you want to see the vids i can send you the low quality version through aim as long as you have a high speed connection. the High quality version is really good. I watched it on my mothers tv and it looked good. I almost forgot boys and girls. Friday im suppose to be going to a Indian guys house who has a 911 GT2, a Turbo, a NSX and some other toys. I will be there with my Camcorder and camera.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:56 PM   #18
cooperluke
Regular User

first learned how to drive a stick...i rolled backwards down a hill.
Sorry to laugh.. but tipical American thing....

I never did such a thing, not even when I was taking my driving license.

I think if you learn to drive with auto gears.. (blhaaarg), when you drive a manual, you're in big trouble!

I LOVE EUROPE!!!!

Once I drove a Mercedes C250 turbodiesel (150hp) with auto gearbox and the car went terribly bad... it seemed as if the clutch was skidding everytime it changed gear!!!!

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 03:02 PM   #19
blah
Regular User

Typical american thing? you know what a pistol grip shifter is? or a hurtst shifter? Lets see you play with that and say typical american thing.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:15 PM   #20
fabro_s
Regular User

Nice car dude, the interioir is very good!

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:46 PM   #21
blah
Regular User

looks like i wont be able to drive the car again thanks to the DMV. GO DMV! I called up there ttwice, and got two different answers to the same question. I asked when will the registration stickers be mailed. Answer 1. There is lost paperwork, and the Dealer is settling it. Answer 2. When we recieve the money, i wanted to just say BITCH, the taxes on the car were paid over a month ago! ARGHH! Stupid bitches. This is the 2nd fuckover from them. the first is when the lost my damn license, i had to go back up to the DMV and drive around with a expired temporary license. Dumb bitches i swear. They all deserve to rot in the deepest darkset regions of Richard simmons ass.