Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 03-29-2005, 12:28 PM   #16
coombsie66
Regular User

^^ Thats what i was going to say, exhaust rap should do it.

Nice golf, well modified and you seem like a guy who knows what he's talking about, no bullshit BHP claims etc.
Nice one.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:48 PM   #17
gobs3z
Regular User

Thanks for the advice brembo an coombsie, i'll try the exhaust wrapping. Hopefully i can dyno it soon so i can be positive on the bhp, and thanks for the comments.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 02:17 AM   #18
jettaprep
Regular User

Thats my jetta in the pic btw.... I never thought of exaust wrap I think I might just have to try it!
jettaprep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:42 AM   #19
MUS911
Regular User

BEAUTIFUL gobs3z .....VERY NICE CAR .....
Old 03-30-2005, 09:41 AM   #20
gobs3z
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
Originally Posted by gobs3z
Does anyone know what i can put between the metal mount and the exhaust dump so they won't rattle against each other? It has to be soft and non flammable. Thanks for any help.
my exhaust was hitting against the heat shields, so i bought this stuff to replace the metal heat shields. though i did find a solution i think i might still change out the metal heat shields with this stuff.

http://www.designengineering.com

product i bought
http://www.designengineering.com/pro...sp?m=sp&pid=26
Thanks Ronin, thats pretty much exactly what i was looking for. I'll give it a try. Btw, what exhaust did you put on your car?

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
Old 03-30-2005, 05:48 PM   #21
gobs3z
Regular User

If you don't mind me asking, you running stock turbo? Just cause that whole overspool issue with the 3" and KO3s, curious if you have that issue?

Old 03-30-2005, 08:02 PM   #22
dingo
Regular User

Ronin, what car do you have? I must have missed where you talked about it

Originally Posted by insane
.......Any mods?
read the previous page to find out :roll:
Old 03-30-2005, 08:07 PM   #23
gobs3z
Regular User

Yeah it's my daily driver too, but i have an issue where i have to be as fast as possible in the summer so thats the reason for the dump. My gas mileage has gone to sh** though. I ran against a Saleen S281 last night and beat it 3 out of 3 times on the highway, i have a feeling it was an auto though.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:08 PM   #24
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

ooohhh, veerry nice! i LOVE that color on it.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:53 PM   #25
gobs3z
Regular User

Yeah it's my daily driver too, but i have an issue where i have to be as fast as possible in the summer so thats the reason for the dump. My gas mileage has gone to sh** though. I ran against a Saleen S281 last night and beat it 3 out of 3 times on the highway, i have a feeling it was an auto though.
do you plan on doing auto cross alot in the summer?? or are you trying to win some contest??
I've never autocrossed but i would deffinately like to try it out this summer. The guy with the Jetta in the pic is going to take me to one. I dunno how well my car will do with stock suspension. Have you autocrossed it and if so do you have aftermarket suspension on your car. I want to get a set of Bilstein PSS-9 Coil-Overs if money is available. I would actually be more into autocross than drag racing, and it would be awesome if i could get to a road course around my area. Does anyone know what a good road course track is around chicago?

Old 03-31-2005, 12:12 AM   #26
666fast
Regular User

Road America is just a couple hours north of you. I know Everso has gone thier with the Audi Club. If the Chicago Audi club is anything like the one here, you'd be welcomed to go along. It isn't free of course. Check Everso's thread about taking time away from JW. He left an email to get in touch with him.

If you don't mind the drive:
Mid America in Ohio
Brainerd International Raceay here in Minnesota. That would be a trek and a half for you though.

Autocross would be your best bet, but IMO, it's a bit of a ripoff. It is better than nothing though.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:39 AM   #27
gobs3z
Regular User

do you plan on doing auto cross alot in the summer?? or are you trying to win some contest??
I've never autocrossed but i would deffinately like to try it out this summer. The guy with the Jetta in the pic is going to take me to one. I dunno how well my car will do with stock suspension. Have you autocrossed it and if so do you have aftermarket suspension on your car. I want to get a set of Bilstein PSS-9 Coil-Overs if money is available. I would actually be more into autocross than drag racing, and it would be awesome if i could get to a road course around my area. Does anyone know what a good road course track is around chicago?
i havent autocrossed to be honest, but lots of people have on with our cars. the tex would be the best place to ask about that. coil overs will work wonders.

so whats the real reason for, "but i have an issue where i have to be as fast as possible in the summer" ??

everso, would be the guy to talk about since he is from chicago and takes his TT to the track often. but he has taken a leave of absence from JW to take care of bussiness.
tracks in chicago,
http://www.google.com/local?num=20&h...sa=X&oi=localr
Road America would be awesome to head up to, i'll try to get in touch with everso. And with the term i need to be as fast as possible in the summer is because out of all my friends that are into cars the slowest one runs low 13's. Thats my logical goal to run at the strip, and maybe i can do it this summer, and hopefully it will be on street tires and stock turbo. Everso and I also wanted to get a Chicago Jabbasworld Get Together. I'll see if i can set that up for him.

Old 03-31-2005, 11:53 PM   #28
papaSMURF
Regular User

hmm... nice, love to see it in person....

u will never take down the white boat!
papaSMURF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:10 AM   #29
GTO
Regular User

Nice I always like the Golf ever since my old man had one when I was a young'n. This GTi is FF right? If so I'd consider bracing first before the bilsteins, braces are a fraction of the cost, with camber kit, adjustable strut tops you can get the handling you desire.
I haven't seen to many Golf GTi's here, they are like most european vechicles, quite expensive here for what you get. Like Dingo22 said its about the same price as a WRX here.
I saw the R32 golf at the lot, but it cost more than twice what I paid for my car!!! Also the R32 golf is not "true" all time AWD for some reason? but damn quick none the less.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:07 PM   #30
T-Bird
Regular User

My buddy has taken his stock suspension 2.0 Golf and done pretty good at local Auto cross events. I plan on making my car better for it aswell since I have another vehicle to drive in the downtime now.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote