Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #16
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Ive never had any speeding fine, and I hope to keep on crossing fingers although Ive deserved a fine more than once
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:13 PM   #17
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

The only secret about not having a speeding ticket and driving fast, its just pushing the throttle in places where nobody drives because there wont be any radar where its not profiteable
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:58 PM   #18
Mattk
Regular User

^I've had a friend who was caught along a fairly wide road at around 5am. Nobody else was around. It happens, oddly enough.

Speed camera locations here are publicly available, and are all in spots where there is a high likelihood of serious crashes.

The worst I've done is pushing it to around 80km/h in a 60km/h zone so I could run a yellow light. I was late for work, and it really strained the poor mid-range acceleration of my father's Mazda 3.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:19 AM   #19
novass
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
hahaha..you got nabbed by a plane?
I got caught by a plane in Washington and never paid the ticket, so I probably have a bench warrant up there LOL That was years ago though and I am not too familiar with how their laws work in that department so maybe the statute of limitations has run its course and I can drive up there again :bah:

@666fast - 10 years without a ticket!? I got my first ticket within 6 months of having my license LOL Kinda hard not to get a ticket when you are 16 in a bright orange, loud muscle car and living in a city where the cops don't have much to do all day.

I have been pretty fortunate in that I have been let off with just a warning quite a few times and in my 11 years of driving I have only gotten 3 tickets. The times I have been let off would have resulted in much more severe tickets that the tickets I have actually got LOL You just have to know how to talk to cops and show some cleavage

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:31 AM   #20
r2r
Regular User

That sucks 666fast

I sometimes try to figure out why I haven't gotten a ticket since I got my license at 16.

It must be either my driving luck or my driving style. :bah:
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:01 AM   #21
79TA
Regular User

I've only been driving for 4 years and have never had a ticket. I have, however, been carded a couple of times for doing nothing more than driving a Trans Am at night . . . stupid local cops. :x
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote