Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 05-18-2006, 01:49 PM   #16
Vansquish
Regular User

I passed that one nearly a year ago...but let me see if I can remember what I did...

I guess my only advice is to be very smooth and brake harder and deeper into some of the tighter turns so that you can get back on the power earlier after the nose comes 'round. The highspeed sections of the track you really need to hit the apexes more or less perfectly so that you can stay on the power the whole way through (it makes a huge difference). The complex leading up to the Karrusel (the hairpin etc...) you should enter by trail-braking nd be able to nail it almost full throttle in second gear (I think) before you even hit the apex. You can also make up quite a lot of time if you stay on the throttle most of the way down the bit of the track between the bridge at the end of the long straight and the esses before the start finish line...I know I've made more than a few passes of that 300SL in that section.

For the lap to be good, you need to be in the on the tail of the last car (I think it's the SL65, but I can't remember for sure) by the time you've reached the hairpin leading up to the Karrusel, and the 190E should be in yours by the time you reach the mini-Karrusel...that will leave you plenty of time to reach the SLK and the 300SL before the finish line.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:52 PM   #17
Max Power

passed it years ago... ...it was a pretty crappy lap too....my only suggestion adding to the above is when u come up on the other mb use them through corners so they help u...

but like I mentioned in the gt 4 thread a year ago the worst thing is to have to wait for it to start...u forget everything that u wanted to remember...
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:46 PM   #18
nthfinity
Regular User

i found the extra seconds i was looking for; but the damn SL 65 took an inside line, then an outside line when i was passing in two corners... it would've been a 9:11-9:12 if i hadn't screwed that up

again, most of what i do in the game isn't related to actually completing it... but more time attacks at NS in different cars, with different settings.... for example, with Street soft tires on a Z06 with "530" hp stock suspension, and costom ratios to nearly identically represent the C6 Z06... i managed below a 7:10... and it was easy to get what i concidered a "fairly clean" lap... in fact, until i modified the ratios, i just couldn't do anywhere near that.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:57 AM   #19
DeMoN
Regular User

just reading this is pumping my veins for GT4