Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 02-24-2004, 12:48 AM   #16
pranesh76
Regular User

WRC for sure. The driver and co-pilot have to be precise at crazy speeds over so many different terrains. Its crazy to think that a 1 sec mis-time might throw you over a 100 ft drop on both sides.. :shock:
pranesh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 11:15 AM   #17
abarth
Regular User

WRC all the way. I think that F1 is too boring

my favourites:
1 ferrari enzo
2 ferrari 360 challenge stradale
3 lamborghini miura
4 lamborghini diablo se30
5 porsche carrera gt
abarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 11:35 AM   #18
vanquish
Regular User

F1 cos there are battles, but if u look driving then WRC. F1 high tech appelas to me, in WRC slides makes it hot. Its much easier to watch f1 in tv than wrc. There arent live coverage of wrc in many countries as of F1.
vanquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 08:51 PM   #19
komotar
Regular User

I like them both.
But I think I'll go for the F1.
It has lost a bit of it's flair and appeal but nontheless,
last year was preety exciting and I can't wait for this season to start.
Maybe I'll go to see some of the races. The ones closest to me(Imola,Monza,Hungary).

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 09:01 PM   #20
davmac
Regular User

everyone talks about the technology in f1 cars, but the technology in wrc cars is also quite advanced
davmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 06:43 PM   #21
paulesko
Regular User

I prefer wrc because drivers needs a point of improvisation on the road I mean they have to be aware of anything.

Excuse my english (It´s been ages since the last time I used it)

Saludos.
paulesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 01:25 PM   #22
ported_head
Regular User

A little late to post, but i thought makes more sense after the first round of F1. But hell no.. F1 is more boring then ever, i actually fell asleep watching the race. Not a doubt in my mind why i always preferred WRC in the first place
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 04:00 AM   #23
kompak
Regular User

both F1 and WRC....but in my country it is hard to watch WRC coverage since the cable provider didn't include it in their list of channel...compared to F1....so the only way to update myself of WRC rally status......i have to surf the net.....but i guess it paid because in the internet there are more data than tv coverage.....
of course, underneath pretty body everything had to be toughened up. The driveshaft are made from granite, the computer-guided suspension has been re-programmed and you have a sort of brakes...used to stop tanks. - Jeremy Clarkson reviews on Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG

kompak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 04:29 AM   #24
geekdiggy
Regular User

i've participated in this discussion in just about every auto-related forum i've ever been to and the arguments always go nowhere

so i'll repeat what i said in another forum: wrc vs f1 is an old tired topic that should be laid to rest. the simple fact is that niether of these two will ever be eclipsed by the other, neither will every consisively be considered better than the other by the majority. i can liken it to both gentle sex and rough aggressive sex, it's all just a matter of preference

hard to hit in only three tries.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 02:09 AM   #25
crsbarnard
Regular User

I love watching the tarmac rallies like SanRemo, France, and of course MonteCarlo.
Something about watching cars being driven flat out down winding mountain. F1 is becoming to sanitized. I admire the danger factor rally drivers contend with. There is no room for error driving done a narrow road on the side of a moutain. The changing conditions of the MonteCarlo rally with snow and ice always make for an exciting event. I like the PWRC as well. I find the production class cars a little bit easier to relate to in terms of both driving and performance.
To race a car through a turn at maximum speed, is difficult, but to race a car through that same turn when there is a brick wall on one side and a precipice on the other - Ah, that's an achievement." - Sir Stirling Moss
crsbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 12:03 PM   #26
mit5005
Regular User

I think i would have to say F1 because its much more exciting. I would like wrc more if there were more cars racing near each other. Its more competative which makes it more entertaining. Its cool to see those rally cars drift and drive on dirt roads, but its better to watch f1 cars goin 200 mph right next to each other.
mit5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 08:13 PM   #27
geekdiggy
Regular User

Originally Posted by mit5005
I would like wrc more if there were more cars racing near each other.
if they did they'd crash, DUMBASS, that's why rallying is the way it is. anybody who doesn't enjoy watching the entirety of a rally has a severe case of A.D.D.

hard to hit in only three tries.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 06:13 PM   #28
mit5005
Regular User

Umm i dont think i asked for ur opinion geek. And how do u know that they would crash, do u race wrc or something? If it was too dangerous they could widen the roads and make it safe. And who said that I dont enjoy watching a full rally race? I think some jackass is just puttin words in my mouth just to be annoying.
mit5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:14 PM   #29
crsbarnard
Regular User

I think WRC is more exciting due to the fact that in rallying car control is the most important, judgement second, and lines/apexes third. There is always the possibility of the unexpected happening for a rally driver therefore there ability to control the car and adapt to the changing situation is amazing. A racing circuit is exciting but the layout is fixed and does not change placing more of an emphasis on lines and apexes to go fast where in rallying more of an emphasis is placed on all out vehical control to go fast.
To race a car through a turn at maximum speed, is difficult, but to race a car through that same turn when there is a brick wall on one side and a precipice on the other - Ah, that's an achievement." - Sir Stirling Moss
crsbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 04:07 PM   #30
biff19_a
Regular User

WRC... real cars.. actual competition instead of a whitewash.. or should i say read wash...the actual driver means something... the cars are pretty equal.. except for the mitsu... that one is just off... weird looking car...but then again thats what is so cool about the WRC you can tell the difference as a novice enthusiast...
F1 has gone to a realm that only the billionaires can play in and this is sad because it creates a vacuum in other series.... IE sportscars... merc.. bmw.. toyota... all left for F1...becuase they cant afford both... its sad... last years Le Mans was pretty much handed to Bently becuase there was no major opposition.. the same can be said for Audi this year as well
biff19_a is offline   Reply With Quote