Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 05-04-2005, 06:55 AM   #16
ARMAN
Regular User

:multi::multi::multi::multi::multi: thanx downloading...

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:57 AM   #17
|Nuno|
Regular User

Thanks Attie, you're the man!
Old 05-05-2005, 03:50 AM   #18
Attie
Regular User

Well... I expected more from the game, but I hope this is just because of the demo
So it is not so good as I want, but I won't delete it

http://www.alfaamore.hu/members.php?id=30

Orazio Satta Puliga, one of the most important figures in Italian motorcar history to say:
"Alfa is a unique way of living and feeling a car. There is no definition that explains what Alfa really is. You can compare it with those irrational emotions, that sometimes have a human spirit, for which it is impossible to find a logical explanation. We are in the domain of feelings, passion of things that are closer to a man's heart than his brain."
Attie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:25 AM   #19
ARMAN
Regular User

After LFS no game is good enough for me

.................................................. .............................
Old 05-05-2005, 04:44 AM   #20
Attie
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
After LFS no game is good enough for me
Exactly!

http://www.alfaamore.hu/members.php?id=30

Orazio Satta Puliga, one of the most important figures in Italian motorcar history to say:
"Alfa is a unique way of living and feeling a car. There is no definition that explains what Alfa really is. You can compare it with those irrational emotions, that sometimes have a human spirit, for which it is impossible to find a logical explanation. We are in the domain of feelings, passion of things that are closer to a man's heart than his brain."
Attie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:23 PM   #21
|Nuno|
Regular User

Eh, what can I say..? I guess terrible is the word for this Demo.

Way too Arcade-ish, average graphics, the worst Wheel Support that I've ever experienced and annoying Menu screens. Only the sound is good.

After 15 minutes playing, I unisntalled it. The final thing will have to be at least 10 times better for me to consider getting it.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:58 PM   #22
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

OK first of all tnx a lot Attie for the demo!

Now, Ill try to be as more objective as I can(given the fact that Im a dedicated Alfista). I played the game for hours(that TZ2 is simply awesome) and I can say that it was ok. The graphs were good nothing new though(the tracks were very good and the cars also but I didnt like the paint job of the cars), the sound was awesome and the handling/physics were pretty good. Not arcade IMO but not pure sim either(I have being playing GTR from the moment it came out like crazy so you can understand those of you that have played it how a true simulation game must be). Im definitely going to buy the game since it has many many many Alfa's. Lets see how the full game looks like.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:36 PM   #23
ARMAN
Regular User

uninstalled after 4 drivings, I hope final version will be MORE interesting. Yes, menu is annoyingly slow and theres too many windows to go through

Old 06-24-2005, 04:51 AM   #24
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

TOTAL DISAPOINTMENT... THE GAME S U X ! ! !...

The cameras are very few, the gameplay is below average, the cars are ok but their colors are awfull.. The music is ok, the sounds of the engines are ok, the tracks are pretyy good... But the gameplay is hideous...

What a failure... :cry: :cry:
Old 06-10-2006, 01:41 AM   #25
RC45
Regular User

Well - I picked up the PS2 version of the game yesterday for $10 - used.

It seems it finally hit the streets at Alfa Romeo Racing Italiano.

http://www.milestone.it/eng/SCAR/scar.shtml

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2...se-alfa-romeo/

I give it a 5/10 overall. The game is just not polished enough to compete with todays titles - 7 years ago this would have been 10/10. Tracks are pretty good, cars are nice but not GT4 or even GT3 or even Forza quality.It also seems to have taken almost a year to get released on PS2 in the USA - it is a March 2006 release.

Some interesting game features, like being able to intimidate your opponents into making mistakes by following in their slipstream and rattling their confidence - they can do the same to you.

Nice spread of Alfa - so if you are an Alfa fan, wait for a non-Alfa fan to turn the game in and buy it for $10

I might try find an XBox copy next to see if it is any better
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote