Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 12-17-2006, 11:32 AM   #16
FoxFour
Regular User

It's mainly how you take care of the car and engine, abuse it and parts start breaking. I was 21 once and I remember those days well. Run the car hard without abuse and it will last much longer.
The main weak points in both the Fox and Fox 4 designs were mainly the weak gearboxes in the 80's to the last of the 5 speeds. The 8.8 rears are pretty stout. As far as the hypereutetic pistons are concerned, as long as you are not using nitrous or some kind of forced induction with high boost amounts, it should be fine. So far, my 130.000 mile stock block 4.6 DOHC is doing fine with the base Vortech kit (5-7 psi boost) as long as there is no detonation. You do know that hypereutetics are silicon- based (read, made up of sand) :shock:
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:01 PM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

it really surprizes me how silly some comments here really are. Sure, a mustang is inferior to a corvette. but... the suspension is IDENTICAL to a 3 series up front; except ti doesn't squat the rear under breaking like the BMW does (yet). To say a BMW 335 is anywhere close to as quick in an overal sence even to a stock Mustang GT is a slight streatch. The V8 is more then stout enough, the soundtrack is immeasureably better, cheaper to maintain (once off of BMW maintainence program) and can be made much faster much cheaper.

All that, and it looks 100000x better to boot. BMW is not a comparitive vehicle; but to call a beemer a superior handler... well, even a 3rd gen F body will out lap a 3 series with no engine work, 150,000 miles, and 2001-2 suspension fitted.

These aren't the only new mustangs for 2007; we also have the new Shelby GT to come out... unless that has been trashed.. I'll have to talk to my people about these.