Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 03-31-2005, 02:08 PM   #16
noliebro
Regular User

I am pretty sure the mustang would destroy it but, it would put up a decent fight. 450hp vs. 425hp in the charger, plus the added weight. I just had a thought would these two cars be faster than a C6 vette?

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 06:11 PM   #17
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

Originally Posted by noliebro
I am pretty sure the mustang would destroy it but, it would put up a decent fight. 450hp vs. 425hp in the charger, plus the added weight. I just had a thought would these two cars be faster than a C6 vette?
the cobra will most likely be faster than the base C6 in a straight line but the charger with its added weight and auto tranny probably wont be able to take out a base C6 on the strip.

i am pretty much going by the 300c SRT-8, i believe it ran a low 13 second 1/4 mile in road and track like 13.1 or 13.2 so i would expect the charger to run about the same. and i am pretty sure that a base C6 runs under 13 sec.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:24 PM   #18
gogglibear

not a Z06 but probably a base C6
gogglibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:04 AM   #19
noliebro
Regular User

I found a little video clip of the car driving and talk about specs, kinda cool looking while in motion.
Click on the link under the picture window. Also a link to video of new Shelby GT500 on the left hand side of the page.

http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshow....leftnav.19.*#

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:23 PM   #20
hemi_fan
Regular User

i like it, looks a lot better w/o the stupid stripes and badges everywhere too. I only wish they didnt waste that name :roll:

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 08:38 PM   #21
PaulGT2164
Regular User

i think its nasty looking
but at least its v8 and rwd

so i wont complain too much
Old 05-06-2005, 11:29 PM   #22
coloradosilver
Regular User

From the side it looks like a 4 door mustang

From the back it looke like an intrepid.

From the front it looks like the a cross between a Ram and a Mustang with the hood from the Ram SRT-10.

Lazy design job if you ask me. They should have come up with something more original or something that vaguely resembles th old charger, like they did with the new mustang. I still probably wouldn't like it. I just don't like Chrysler in general.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote