Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 11-18-2004, 10:24 AM   #16
adamwich
Regular User

Nice set of cars! I would sell the orange diablo, and buy a black gallardo!
Old 11-18-2004, 10:29 AM   #17
Anonymous

Originally Posted by everso
Originally Posted by AL123
Right so I guess he's driven the dealers Elise??? if it is indeed brand new (delivery mileage) then he hasn't driven this one... so he's ordered it and then decided from a probably short drive its not quite as good as a diablo...... No shit Sherlock!!.......... But for the money you can't do much better... especially now the engines are a more reliable toyota source IMO
now that i think about this a bit more....i'm almost SURE that this guy bought the Elise JUST to sell it.

the Elise is selling right now, here in the US, for MUCH more than the original value. A friend of mine in Texas just recently recieved 2 Elises. The original selling price was around $40k, but you can resell the Elise for about $55k right now due to mark up.

i think this guy is just trying to make some $$$. Another thing is that i think he MIGHT be working at Lambo dealer in the area, which would explain the 2 diablos. Many of the Lambo dealers in this country also deal in other companies, such as Lotus...so he probably got a fair deal on the Elise
As usual JW exposes the truth Indeed I agree he bought it just to sell it on...... and it looks like he sold one diablo aswell LOL.... maybe he isn't as rich as he makes out still 15k profit isn't bad going
Old 11-18-2004, 10:58 AM   #18
sikx5
Regular User

Oh i remeber that website, with all the hummers, hes a nut case.

and he does sound like quite the tool....

I love the hi -res pics....and those wheels show this guy cant park either :x

im sure if he can maintain a diablo, trying to make a 15k profit is peas in a pond to him :roll:
Old 11-18-2004, 11:01 AM   #19
Jabba
Regular User

I smell a BIG RAT.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:08 AM   #20
stradale
Regular User

Yes, he bought it to drive around in for a short period and then sell it off. He said so on LamboChat.

He is however not a dealer. He's in the IT business. Check his site (http://www.slantback.com) under "About Ben". He might have sold the yellow Diablo, but I don't think he did bad for a 25 year old.

It's the comments on the Elise, the wheels of the orange Diablo and the previously owned Diablo kit car that's worrying me most...
Old 11-18-2004, 11:15 AM   #21
Anonymous

Originally Posted by stradale
Yes, he bought it to drive around in for a short period and then sell it off. He said so on LamboChat.
He's not even done that though it says BRAND NEW in big capitals and that it is unregistered and the warranty will start for the new owner i.e it is un driven by him IMO so he's talking bollocks IMO he can't call a car brand new if he has driven around in it IMO
Old 11-18-2004, 11:16 AM   #22
sikx5
Regular User

woah thats not bad going for a 25yr old. his house is also a little to be desired for considering the cars. but look at his past cars...wonder how young he was when he had all those hummers
Old 11-18-2004, 11:26 AM   #23
Carlos Carrera
Regular User

I would sell the Diablo, and buy a 360CS or a F430!..
1 Cor 9:24
Carlos Carrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:47 AM   #24
stradale
Regular User

He's not even done that though it says BRAND NEW in big capitals and that it is unregistered and the warranty will start for the new owner i.e it is un driven by him IMO so he's talking bollocks IMO he can't call a car brand new if he has driven around in it IMO
Check my quote in the first page of this thread. He obviously hasn't done many miles in it and is just saying the car is new as a sales pitch. I think he twisted the truth a little there. Also a vehicle being unregistered doesn't mean it's impossible to drive it on the public road. It's just not legal, but physically possible it is.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:55 AM   #25
Anonymous

Check my quote in the first page of this thread. He obviously hasn't done many miles in it and is just saying the car is new as a sales pitch. I think he twisted the truth a little there. Also a vehicle being unregistered doesn't mean it's impossible to drive it on the public road. It's just not legal, but physically possible it is.
Yeah you got what i was basically saying mate, i'll clarify a little as my post wasn't entirely clear LOL....basically i'm calling him a bullshitter for saying it is Brand New, if he claims to have driven it then he cannot call it brand new... brand new= delivery mileage IMO. My other point was if he had done a mear few miles in it say 50-100 i wouldn't say he has really got to know/ learnt how to drive it properly............ so his excuse for selling is also bullshit but then it is EBAY
Old 11-18-2004, 12:18 PM   #26
stradale
Regular User

Yeah you got what i was basically saying mate, i'll clarify a little as my post wasn't entirely clear LOL....basically i'm calling him a bullshitter for saying it is Brand New, if he claims to have driven it then he cannot call it brand new... brand new= delivery mileage IMO. My other point was if he had done a mear few miles in it say 50-100 i wouldn't say he has really got to know/ learnt how to drive it properly............ so his excuse for selling is also bullshit but then it is EBAY
LOL.... Yeah, we were both saying basically the same, but coming from opposite directions. Of course he is lying a bit, but hardly anyone would notice since there are many car manufacturers that deliver their cars with, say, 100 miles on the clock. I don't think many Americans would know the standard number for a new Lotus now that the marque has only just returned to the States.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:52 PM   #27
nthfinity
Regular User

oh my god, the replicar looks TERRIBLE!
i too cant figure why he would sell one 2001 Diablo for another 2001 Diablo?
let alone, as has been said already, sell the elise as a poor comparison to the Diablo.

i think Everso hit this nail on the headd
Old 11-18-2004, 01:54 PM   #28
cooperluke
Regular User

Theese are the kind of guys that buy cars only for the status....
They simply don't get it!!!

Why someone who don't needs the money, would sell an Elise just because he has a Diablo?

I would only sell it to buy an Exige.... IF I had no more space in the garage!!

Hmmm... if I had that money, I would build a bigger garage... and keep the Elise!

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 02:26 PM   #29
blah
Regular User

This guy is a cock mogerer. Why would you have 2 of every car you buy? Thats so fucking stupid. I hope he chokes on cum.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:27 PM   #30
DUNKiNUTS

can we say a bit INSANE
DUNKiNUTS is offline   Reply With Quote