Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 02-22-2007, 09:42 PM   #16
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Max Power
^^
yah the pics are down...do u mind putting them up again
Sure.. should I include a GM forwarding address in the link?
tis not illegal to share them. I did not sign a contract with GM to keep the new Corvette secret

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #17
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR
Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Max Power
^^
yah the pics are down...do u mind putting them up again
Sure.. should I include a GM forwarding address in the link?
tis not illegal to share them. I did not sign a contract with GM to keep the new Corvette secret
hehe - the issue is you have to prove they have no claim with their cease and desist, and that is the part that can get very sticky and expensive -- even if youwin its you that ahs to take on GM not the other way round
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:35 PM   #18
ae86_16v
Regular User

^ Damn GM is real serious about that shit. These guys are just as bad as Apple suing Rumor sites about future products.

What about people taking pictures at/on the side of the track? I mean there will be a bunch of people on the side of the N-Ring.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:02 PM   #19
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
meh..hardly cute...still gets more attention than mullet vettes and mad fun around twisty roads in SNOW and dry
I don’t doubt they are fun to drive (with a little help). That doesn’t discount the fact that everything about them screams cute (the new ones have a more masculine stance though). The same way you can use the stereotype that the Vette is only driven my mullet wearing individuals, I can use the stereotype that only women belong in the TT and that is what is expected to get out of them. I am simply giving you a taste of your own medicine.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:47 PM   #20
graywolf624
Regular User

What about people taking pictures at/on the side of the track? I mean there will be a bunch of people on the side of the N-Ring.
The mags cant post it cause theyd quit getting fed the best pics if they did.
The people transpoting the item have to sign confidentiallity with gm.. and would get their ass sued off.. (same with the mags if they sign the docs)

At the end of the day you as a person can get away with it.. They have the right to go after anyone with inside info though..
And no. that guy isnt in jail for leaking pictures.. That would be a civil not a criminal matter.

ITs quite understandable.. Every other manufacturer will be copying and studying within an instant.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:25 PM   #21
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Would be cool, just wondering how it will handle, the current one is said to be very grippy, but when it goed, it goes.

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:39 PM   #22
TopGearNL
Regular User

GM are Americans, they can and will sue anybody. No offense!

I can understand why they are removed..
Old 02-23-2007, 04:13 PM   #23
bmagni
Regular User

plice report:
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:15 PM   #24
TopGearNL
Regular User

/\/\ Quite serious :shock:
Old 02-23-2007, 05:18 PM   #25
ViperASR
Regular User

owned 0X

http://www.thegmsource.com/index.php...6cca3484605280

http://www.thegmsource.com/index.php..._articleid=251

It should also be reported that General Motors has not filed charges or a complaint against the accused.
After some investigating, TheGMSource was able to confirm that the person alleged to have leaked the images was in fact not placed under arrest , but that a civil complaint was filed.
We have also learned that EMO Trans is responsible for reporting this to the RPD and that General Motors was not the party to contact the Romulus Police Department.
Gee, guess who was right

If you didnt see the pictures they are also on that site. And it was not GM that requested the pictures be taken off, it was the guy who took them. It seems to me as that GM didnt care as much as some people think they did. I imagine they rnt happy about it, but I'm sure they understand that they cant have anyone arrested over it, because they did nothing illegal, all they can do is sue the guy that took the pics. I doubt that will happen, as I doubt that the guy has any assets that GM wants or that would make it worth the time and money spent suing the guy. The only people they would probobly sue would be the company that the guy worked for.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
Old 02-23-2007, 06:58 PM   #26
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR
owned 0X

http://www.thegmsource.com/index.php...6cca3484605280

http://www.thegmsource.com/index.php..._articleid=251

It should also be reported that General Motors has not filed charges or a complaint against the accused.
After some investigating, TheGMSource was able to confirm that the person alleged to have leaked the images was in fact not placed under arrest , but that a civil complaint was filed.
We have also learned that EMO Trans is responsible for reporting this to the RPD and that General Motors was not the party to contact the Romulus Police Department.
Gee, guess who was right

If you didnt see the pictures they are also on that site. And it was not GM that requested the pictures be taken off, it was the guy who took them. It seems to me as that GM didnt care as much as some people think they did. I imagine they rnt happy about it, but I'm sure they understand that they cant have anyone arrested over it, because they did nothing illegal, all they can do is sue the guy that took the pics. I doubt that will happen, as I doubt that the guy has any assets that GM wants or that would make it worth the time and money spent suing the guy. The only people they would probobly sue would be the company that the guy worked for.
I don't think the issue is whether they did something illegal or not, it is whether any contracted entity was party to violating any confidentiality agreement.

The arrest part was questionable all along, but the threat of litigation is not empty - it's not about "collecting assets that GM wants" - it is about breech of contract.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:50 PM   #27
graywolf624
Regular User

I don't think the issue is whether they did something illegal or not, it is whether any contracted entity was party to violating any confidentiality agreement.

The arrest part was questionable all along, but the threat of litigation is not empty - it's not about "collecting assets that GM wants" - it is about breech of contract.
I concur. Breech of contract equals a civil matter. And for those that argued oh they are americans they sue people.. How would you feel if you invented something new and before you got to launch someone blabed it to your competitors so they could steal your idea and the would be profits. Sorry, but while I think GM went overboard sending goons to RC's house, I certainly agree they do need to take these leaks out back and fire them/sue them when caught.

Its great for us to see the cars.. But remember that other companies are watching.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:54 PM   #28
graywolf624
Regular User

and when i was growing up, people DID have mullets......big strong ones! LOL.
Alots changed.. both with the car and the people.. You should give one a try.. Once they went to hydroformed rails with the c5s it quick squeaking and squalking and actually became an acceptable mode of transportation. Now adays the zo6s tend to be people between my age and rcs with some disposable income. The base models tend to be retires with too much time/money on their hands. Neither have mullets.

If you want to see mullets come out with me to a T/A, Camaro, or Mustang show. Thats about the last bastion of mulletude and even there they are getting rare.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:44 PM   #29
ViperASR
Regular User

Yea, but you said that I could get into trouble for posting the pictures.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:26 PM   #30
graywolf624
Regular User

^No.. He said you may have to fend off gm goons who come visit you to find their leak.. And would threaten a suit..
Though imho its an idle threat as long as your not the leak.