Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

View Poll Results: Best Radar Detector
Valentine One 11 73.33%
Passport 8500 X50 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2005, 08:32 AM   #16
FoxFour
Regular User

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
just a question. how do you hard wire it? is it easy or hard?
It's not hard to hard-wire it to your car. The most difficult part is coming up with a clean install. You can buy the direct-wire adapter at the V 1 site for about $13 USD.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 01:59 PM   #17
DeMoN
Regular User

Direct wire adapter already comes with V1. Its not that long anyway. You can have it installed for 75$ more or less if you go to those stereo install places. Dealership charges 250$ because they go by the hour. They will do it for free though as that was part of the deal when I got my baby.

What they do is open up your fusebox, install a cable starting from there, through the A-Pillar (thing between the side window and windshield) and they open up the roof a little and pass the calbe through there. They drill a small hole that you cant (located between the roof and windshield so its impossible to see) and that is your new power source. All you need to do now is connect the V1 to the roof... a small cable as V1 should be positioned high (just below the mirror).
Old 06-12-2005, 03:09 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
Direct wire adapter already comes with V1. Its not that long anyway. You can have it installed for 75$ more or less if you go to those stereo install places. Dealership charges 250$ because they go by the hour. They will do it for free though as that was part of the deal when I got my baby.

What they do is open up your fusebox, install a cable starting from there, through the A-Pillar (thing between the side window and windshield) and they open up the roof a little and pass the calbe through there. They drill a small hole that you cant (located between the roof and windshield so its impossible to see) and that is your new power source. All you need to do now is connect the V1 to the roof... a small cable as V1 should be positioned high (just below the mirror).
Pretty much a "freebie" job that any auto enthusiastwould be proud to undertake themselves and complete

In fact, it is probably the easiest and simplest, and also the first mod one should/could/would tackle oneself.

Demon, Hope you now feel guilty for not doing this simple surgery on your new baby yourself... ehehe
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 09:34 PM   #19
Sachmo12345
Regular User

i have an older v1 and i love it i have also noticed all of the ferraris and porsce turbos tend to have a V1 in the car

Xbox Live Gamertag: sachmo12345
Sachmo12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 11:06 PM   #20
DeMoN
Regular User

yes it is a very easy install. Thing is, car being under waranty, and me getting this for free, I rather have them do it instead of some electronic thing breaking in the future and them saying my V1 install caused it.

V1 even gives you a hard wire cable lol, so easy to do. All you need is to open up the fuse box, put a blue thingy (provided by V1) on one of the cables that has no power when the car is off,
Old 06-13-2005, 12:07 AM   #21
RC45
Regular User

yes it is a very easy install. Thing is, car being under waranty, and me getting this for free, I rather have them do it instead of some electronic thing breaking in the future and them saying my V1 install caused it.

V1 even gives you a hard wire cable lol, so easy to do. All you need is to open up the fuse box, put a blue thingy (provided by V1) on one of the cables that has no power when the car is off,
Your fitting an after market hardwired electronic gadget to the fused auxiliary outlet provided by the manufacturer can never void any part of your warranty.

You're just a poofta and couldn't do it yourself... but not to worry, we understand.

Now - I hope you put your own gas in and keep your tyres inflated yourself - you do know the tyres take air - right? hehe
Old 06-13-2005, 12:53 AM   #22
DeMoN
Regular User

^ Just what you can expect to read from an American car lover. Just as with their cars, they only think in one direction, straight ahead.

I do know how to do the install. Its fuking printed on the V1 manual and I am not a retard as you seem to think of me. What you dont seem to understand is that I rather have someone who has his degree on electronics do it FOR FREE rather than me doing it. I dont have the tools to start with. I much rather they cut the calbes and solder them plus drill the hole than me getting (buying) the tools and taking MY time to do it.

Judging from what you say, pay me to do something whenever you want as you probably will end up doing it yourself as soon as you find out it is easy to do.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:48 AM   #23
RC45
Regular User

^ Just what you can expect to read from an American car lover. Just as with their cars, they only think in one direction, straight ahead.

I do know how to do the install. Its fuking printed on the V1 manual and I am not a retard as you seem to think of me. What you dont seem to understand is that I rather have someone who has his degree on electronics do it FOR FREE rather than me doing it. I dont have the tools to start with. I much rather they cut the calbes and solder them plus drill the hole than me getting (buying) the tools and taking MY time to do it.

Judging from what you say, pay me to do something whenever you want as you probably will end up doing it yourself as soon as you find out it is easy to do.
There was a , a and a and a hehe in that reply. Apparenty not enough for you to gather it was a ragging - a jestful fun poking at one whome you would hope could appreciate the intent.

Apparently not ...

You're taking the time to study in the USA - why not learn to read and comprehend english while you are at it. :roll:
Old 06-13-2005, 01:58 AM   #24
Yablokov
Regular User

lol, @ poofta. did u learn that one form the show "top gear"? .... couse i did

Cars I have beaten in real races:
Honda Accord LX 1992
lil' bros Go-Kart
Yablokov is offline   Reply With Quote