Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-09-2004, 03:25 PM   #16
TransAm
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
wow that means it was a dipshit who doesn't know shit about cars if he gave it to a car with the factory wing on it. what a dipshit.
My thoughts entirely, sir, just wondered who else would agree...

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 05:06 PM   #17
corvette97
Regular User

my man RAMAN, would you be so kind to make more pics of your evo? i LOVE evos now, they are my new love, hehehe.

just wait, and i will post a complete list of mods, that i would like to make to an evo 8

and please leave your comments
Old 08-09-2004, 06:06 PM   #18
BADMIHAI
Regular User

My thoughts entirely, sir, just wondered who else would agree...

I agree. If the car isn't pushing major power, I think that exhaust is unnecessary (therefore....rice).
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 06:30 PM   #19
sentra_dude

Well, exhaust on an STi or an Evo, if it is a proper turbo exhaust designed for the car, is definitely not rice. I don't know how good that one is, but a good exhaust that is designed for a turbo car (in conjunction with high-flow cats) can actually give pretty good power gains (for exhaust)...so not rice.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 07:45 PM   #20
LotusGT1
Regular User

wow that means it was a dipshit who doesn't know shit about cars if he gave it to a car with the factory wing on it. what a dipshit.
Ehhm, if the guy likes the custom wing for the looks over the factory one, I don't really see any problem. As long as he doesn't pretend to be faster than he really is, I don't see too much to comment on.

People are using the term 'ricer' way too loose these days.
LotusGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:37 PM   #21
corvette97
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
Ehhm, if the guy likes the custom wing for the looks over the factory one, I don't really see any problem. As long as he doesn't pretend to be faster than he really is, I don't see too much to comment on.

soo ur saying being a RICER, is more of an attitude than of a car being slow or fast?
Old 08-09-2004, 11:34 PM   #22
RC45
Regular User

Default Re: be honest, is this rice stuff?

Originally Posted by corvette97
let me know

HKS carbon fiber TI exhaust with 3" downpipe, maybe on a evo 8...

looks like this

edit: th eone in the pic is a subaru of course, but i would like to have it on a evo
LOL - is that a 1 inch exhaust leading to a 5 inch end can?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:38 PM   #23
sentra_dude

Yea, a ricer can have a pretty decent car, but its just their attitude and how they dress up the car that makes them ricer or not.

NOT ricer:
Example, someone driving a Integra LS, not exactly a fast car, but they have an intake, cams and a new intake manifold, but zero stickers, no wings to be found, no random bits of interior painted to match the exterior color, and probably still stock wheels...and they know their car isn't all that fast, and they don't do a lot of boasting and generally aren't an asshole.

Ricer:
A ricer could have an RX-7, which is a pretty quick car, but the guy is a total asshole, he has NOS stickers and racing stripes all over the car, and a three foot wing on back. The extent of his mods are universal muffler and maybe some naawwwzzz, but he also has wheels 2" bigger than stock and about 15lbs heavier as well, a sound system that adds 100lbs in all the wrong places, and most important, he thinks he has the greatest car in the world, and no one can beat him, if someone does he always has some bullshit excuse...

Just some examples of a ricer and not IMO.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:53 PM   #24
corvette97
Regular User

actually is a 3 inch rc :roll:
Old 08-10-2004, 12:00 AM   #25
RC45
Regular User

actually is a 3 inch rc :roll:
1 into 3 ? or 3 into 5?

How much extra power would that silencer/endcan give if the entire system is not enlarged?

Or does the can work like the carbon expansion chambers on my TZR250SP?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:03 AM   #26
corvette97
Regular User

who knows im ignorant
Old 08-10-2004, 03:06 AM   #27
LotusGT1
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1

soo ur saying being a RICER, is more of an attitude than of a car being slow or fast?
I consider somebody a ricer when he or she is trying to deceive people by making the car looking faster than it actually is.

Ricer: A "riced" car or one who drives a "riced" car. A Ricer by definition does not have to be a Japanese car, or even an imported car.
Any vehicle modified in a flamboyant fashion as to give the illusion of extreme speed, but in fact it is quite slow by almost any standard of true speed performance, and certainly never could go nearly as fast as it looks.
LotusGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 01:42 PM   #28
PaulGT2164
Regular User

its not rice, cause changing the way your car sounds is one fo the first things everyone does mod wise, that and HKS makes well performing high quality products, that and a Ti carbon fiber exhaust wieghs alot less than a normal muffler
Old 08-10-2004, 01:51 PM   #29
IgotWRXed
Regular User

yeah thats a WRX and that is the LOUDEST exhaust you can buy for the subaru. its really fucking loud.

IgotWRXed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 02:17 PM   #30
TransAm
Regular User

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
Yea, a ricer can have a pretty decent car, but its just their attitude and how they dress up the car that makes them ricer or not.

NOT ricer:
Example, someone driving a Integra LS, not exactly a fast car, but they have an intake, cams and a new intake manifold, but zero stickers, no wings to be found, no random bits of interior painted to match the exterior color, and probably still stock wheels...and they know their car isn't all that fast, and they don't do a lot of boasting and generally aren't an asshole.

Ricer:
A ricer could have an RX-7, which is a pretty quick car, but the guy is a total asshole, he has NOS stickers and racing stripes all over the car, and a three foot wing on back. The extent of his mods are universal muffler and maybe some naawwwzzz, but he also has wheels 2" bigger than stock and about 15lbs heavier as well, a sound system that adds 100lbs in all the wrong places, and most important, he thinks he has the greatest car in the world, and no one can beat him, if someone does he always has some bullshit excuse...

Just some examples of a ricer and not IMO.
I agree!

The issue with the rear wing was, that a friend of mine had a 'ricecop' ticket put on his completely stock Honda/Acura Integra Type-R which is a car that has a pretty large rear wing as stock. I just thought it was laughable that some idiot decided his car was a ricer yet it is completely unmodified... :roll:

Edit - I mean it's like someone putting a ricecop ticket on my Trans Am as it has polished rims, which are part of the WS6 package...doh!

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote