Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 03-26-2005, 12:56 PM   #16
Wutputt
Regular User

Originally Posted by oscargarza88
and what do u mean by quality wise? as i interior materials?
I mean build quality and also reliability. If you have a Miata and a TF for about 5 years. I think you'll have had more costs servicing the TF.

As for the blue TF you want to buy. I'm not 100% sure it's a 160 as claimed, cause a TF 160 has a '160' badge on the rear next to the 'TF' badge. But it's possible the owner just let the 160 badge being removed.

135:

160:

Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 01:04 PM   #17
oscargarza88
Regular User

ohh thanks.

are there any other noticable differences between them? like lower or something? because i really hope its the 160 cause the 135 is significately slower.

thanks for the badge detail i havent noticed that.
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 01:24 PM   #18
Wutputt
Regular User

I don't think there are other noticable outside differences between them. You'll just have to ask for a test drive and find out
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 06:42 PM   #19
Vansquish
Regular User

The TF is a great car for what it is, but I have a feeling that it may well be more of a hassle here in the US than it's worth. The K-series engines have been around for eons, but to my knowledge never sold in the US. As a result, spare parts, upgrades, etc...etc...will probably be few and far between. If you're looking for something a bit exotic, but still reasonably priced, think about some of the cars that are available in the American marketplace. I'm somewhat biased as I've currently got an RX8 parked in the drive, but I would suggest you look at some used RX8s. I've seen them for as little as 16k in the Detroit area. Replacement parts and upgrades are readily available, but...and it is a big but...the rotary engines are not known for being particularly reliable. That being said, I haven't heard any horror stories about the Renesis unit as of yet. Anyway, the RX8 is a bit less common on the streets around here than the 350Z and Crossfire, so it's still pretty exotic and exciting when you see one on the road.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 09:17 PM   #20
TransAm
Regular User

Oscar, I am a Brit and I would never buy anything from MG Rover. That might give you some insight as to what I think of Rover group products.

The company I work for used to own Rover cars. As a consequence we get very good deals on Rovers and MGs (upto 33% discount, depending on what modesl they can't sell at the time) and thus a lot of people I work with have owned these cars in the past. Nobody has anything very positive to say about MG or Rover cars.

Build quality and reliability are not too bad, but we are talking similar to Chevy or Pontiac.

Do not confuse this MG car with the new MINI - different companies completely, in case you didnt know!

You would be much better with a Miata or an MR2 IMHO. Mazdaspeed Miata yum yum

You can pick up a Z3 (maybe a 3.0i, definately a 2.8 or 2.5) or a TT 180hp for the same money as you are looking at paying for the MG!!!

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote