Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 07:40 AM   #226
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
"who cares ???, mine is a ferrari" thats the deal...
Seems you have again confirmed the point about people buying purely on status..

This isn't an argument - it appears to be a statement you made.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:10 AM   #227
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by bmagni
"who cares ???, mine is a ferrari" thats the deal...
Seems you have again confirmed the point about people buying purely on status..

This isn't an argument - it appears to be a statement you made.
my point is that all ends in that... thats the extra ferrari gives u... either if u buy it for pose or cause u like em
Old 09-02-2004, 11:27 AM   #228
HeilSvenska
Regular User

don't hate the other part of the american population (50%rednecks/50%yuppies)
American Population (5%rednecks/5%yuppies/90%non-citizens)
Old 09-02-2004, 11:33 AM   #229
HeilSvenska
Regular User

and you (RC) should stop blaming ferrari for yuppies buying and wanting the car they build, they don't care who buys the low-end cars, it is the high-end ones (f50/enzo) that they keep for the real fans
Nonsense. There is no doubt that there are enthusiast millionaires who enjoy driving Ferraris for fun like Frank Mountain, but you know most of those cars will live remainder of their lives inside a garage. High class snobs and self made millionaires are like yuppies.

And screw yuppies. and metrosexuals...which seem to be synonyms of each other. They ruin everything. Yuppies and their clothes...

And speaking of yuppies, you guys left out the biggest yuppie car company of all. Porsche. damn 911s everywhere.

Also Corvettes are not that much of yuppie cars. The convertable probably is, but most Corvette owners i've seen are over 55.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:46 PM   #230
SFDMALEX
Regular User

/\/\/\ MOst snobs are over 55 anyway
Old 09-02-2004, 02:15 PM   #231
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
and you (RC) should stop blaming ferrari for yuppies buying and wanting the car they build, they don't care who buys the low-end cars, it is the high-end ones (f50/enzo) that they keep for the real fans
Nonsense. There is no doubt that there are enthusiast millionaires who enjoy driving Ferraris for fun like Frank Mountain, but you know most of those cars will live remainder of their lives inside a garage. High class snobs and self made millionaires are like yuppies.

And screw yuppies. and metrosexuals...which seem to be synonyms of each other. They ruin everything. Yuppies and their clothes...

And speaking of yuppies, you guys left out the biggest yuppie car company of all. Porsche. damn 911s everywhere.

Also Corvettes are not that much of yuppie cars. The convertable probably is, but most Corvette owners i've seen are over 55.
most of the people i see driving the 911. and 360 are 50+ too. ever seen lost in translation.... "mid-life crisis. have you bought a porsche yet?" so everyone is throwing around this yuppie word, but the fact is most yuppies drive a bmw3/5, or a c-class benz.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:13 PM   #232
mindgam3
Regular User

RC45: I've never said ferraris aren't bought by yuppie wannbees but the people who design them are more concerned about performance and making it a ferrari than making it a posers car. Ferraris have always been snobs cars and most people who see people driving them think they're complete wankers which is mostly true like you said.

Just a side note, i followed a 355 spider most of the way home from my girlfriends early today and daaamn what a sound. It crept up behind me on some twisty country roads n then blasted me down this staright but manged to keep up with it going throught the villages until we got to the motorway where he floored it from the on ramp and i was right behind it in pure heaven, obviously in my lil clio that was pretty much the last i saw of it, wish i had my video cam tho
Old 09-03-2004, 01:47 AM   #233
Caps8419
Regular User

"And I guess you just comfirmed the snobb appeal... I guess exclusivity and oppulance are more important than performance ... yet another girly-man driver wannabe.. "

you just wait my friend, your little z0sux will be crying when the 430 hits the roads. how would the fact that im in school still and dont have access to a "performance" (and i use that loosly) car as yourself prove im a girly man driver wannabe? i bet i'd teach you a few things about racing, and no i dont mean burnouts and 1/4 mile drags your familiar with, i mean racing.

as to all the comments about yuppies vs... who ever buys a vette. yes unfourtunatly people who like to be flashy and rap stars will get a 360 because it has the name on it. just to say you own a ferrari. but there are people like myself and most others on this site who would like to own a ferrari not because of the name ( well, it helps) but because its a performance machine.

in my opinion the z06 could ahve been a good car if chevy wasnt making it. the interior still looks like a minivan. in my opinion the z06 is also bought by flashy people or those in a midlife crisis. the z06 just doesnt pull off that flash as weel as a ferrari.

moral of the story, fuck you rc45, ill kick your ass on the track
the z06 could have been a cool car and is still ( in my opinion) is as flashy as a 360. its just flashy to a different sort or people.

and yuppy stands for Young, Urban, Professional. i bet only like 5 of you knew that! j/k...

and thats y i can say ferrari kicks as and not be a poseur... except to maybe rc45 until i kick his ass in karting.

Officially, Catholicism is Italy's official religion; but any true Italian will tell you Ferrari first, soccer second.....
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Montoya should race bumper karts and not F1 race cars!
Old 09-03-2004, 10:23 AM   #234
abbor
Regular User

Corvette is a great car..
So is the 360..
And the 430 will be a great car!

Maybe the Z06 will beat the Ferrari at some tracks.. It's not impossible, and we know it happens. But I still want a Ferrari a 100 times over a Corvette..

That's the feeling most here have, and it can't be changed, so just stop arguing!
Old 09-03-2004, 02:43 PM   #235
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by abbor
Corvette is a great car..
So is the 360..
And the 430 will be a great car!

Maybe the Z06 will beat the Ferrari at some tracks.. It's not impossible, and we know it happens. But I still want a Ferrari a 100 times over a Corvette..

That's the feeling most here have, and it can't be changed, so just stop arguing!
Feelings vs reality.

Except for a privilegded few - most will not be in the position to excute on these dreams and feelings.

And ironically - most of the wannabes that insist on the value of the snob appeal and exclusivity are in the "non-privileged' camp anyway.

But eventually you grow up and mature - and your caustic opinions of superiority based on the exclusive nature of possesions (real or dreamed of) is tempered.

The rest grow up to be yuppie snobs and wannabes anyway.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:48 PM   #236
Caps8419
Regular User

nicely put... each car is in its own class and should not really be fairly compared. it would be niced if all of us could be those privilaged few... what a world that would be....

Officially, Catholicism is Italy's official religion; but any true Italian will tell you Ferrari first, soccer second.....
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Montoya should race bumper karts and not F1 race cars!
Old 09-03-2004, 06:34 PM   #237
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Yes. The world would be something close to Utopia if all the true car enthusiasts got the cars they deserve.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:52 PM   #238
ice
Regular User

Out of curiosity, whens the paris auto show where they unveil it to the public?
Old 09-03-2004, 06:55 PM   #239
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Le 25 Septembre d'année 2004
Old 09-04-2004, 02:04 AM   #240
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by caps8419
you just wait my friend, your little z0sux will be crying when the 430 hits the roads. how would the fact that im in school still and dont have access to a "performance" (and i use that loosly) car as yourself prove im a girly man driver wannabe? i bet i'd teach you a few things about racing, and no i dont mean burnouts and 1/4 mile drags your familiar with, i mean racing.
What makes you think I am a 1/4 driver..

Ever considered I may be just as much of a hardcore driver as you aspire to de...?
Closed Thread