Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 06-20-2005, 06:23 PM   #181
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Stoddart is a tart.......Jordon race and he race....what kinda theory is that?

On a seperate issue:

Say in the Olympic game, the 400m race, a runner with a heart condition that can only run 200m, any more and he'll have a heart attack. So, for his safety sake, he requested the officials to shorten the race distance so that he could participate. In making it fair, he's allowing the rest of the runners 10 steps ahead at the startline.

Can u imagine how ridiculous this will look?
Stupid example - this weekend involved over half the field of entrants being affected by one of the 2 sanctioned product suppliers.

Very different situation.
Are u saying if it involve on one team, then it is OK to cut them out?

I really don't know if Brembo supply brakes to more than 1 team or not, but let's say they do. If there are some safety problem for Brembo brakes to slow down the car over 300 and there's no way for them to fly in a new batch, are u saying that FIA should ask the non-brembo cars to not go over 300 just to make it a fair race?
Old 06-20-2005, 06:34 PM   #182
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
There is a reason why Ferrari doesn't run a prototype car - they would never be able to pull it off - as in create a winning prototype
\

Say what? Are you saying the 333SP was a bad car? You crack me up buddy.
The 333 ended up where? A car without a series..

The rules were changed so no one could beat it - so the other manufacturers went their own way
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 06:39 PM   #183
RC45
Regular User

Stoddart is a tart.......Jordon race and he race....what kinda theory is that?

On a seperate issue:

Say in the Olympic game, the 400m race, a runner with a heart condition that can only run 200m, any more and he'll have a heart attack. So, for his safety sake, he requested the officials to shorten the race distance so that he could participate. In making it fair, he's allowing the rest of the runners 10 steps ahead at the startline.

Can u imagine how ridiculous this will look?
Stupid example - this weekend involved over half the field of entrants being affected by one of the 2 sanctioned product suppliers.

Very different situation.
Are u saying if it involve on one team, then it is OK to cut them out?

I really don't know if Brembo supply brakes to more than 1 team or not, but let's say they do. If there are some safety problem for Brembo brakes to slow down the car over 300 and there's no way for them to fly in a new batch, are u saying that FIA should ask the non-brembo cars to not go over 300 just to make it a fair race?
No - what I am saying is that Formula 1 does not operate in a void - it is a for profit enterprise (not a sport) and relies on sponsors and fans to generate ungodly sums of money.

100,000 plus people went to see a Formula 1 race - not a debacle.

What resulted was a debacle.

F1 and the FIA simply screwed the fans over - the ones who spent the $5,000 to $10,000 it takes to cart you family around the world/country to go watch an F1 race.

Hotels, flights, rental cars, tickets, concessions - these people were conned out of their money.

The prudent thing to do would have been to call the race off, give everyone a refund and send every one home.

That is what other much more financially successful franchises have done in similar situations.

But to let this fiasco continue and still pocket the money is fraud with criminal intent

Let's hope this F1 circus never comes back.

Bubye.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:42 PM   #184
SFDMALEX
Regular User

And why did all start in the first place? Because they wanted to stop Ferrari with fucking retarted tire rule. And what happens? Instead of just Ferrari suffering, everybody suffers.............weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee

P.S I said it was my last post here few posts ago, so Ill make this one my last.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 06:53 PM   #185
pharzo
Regular User

No - what I am saying is that Formula 1 does not operate in a void - it is a for profit enterprise (not a sport) and relies on sponsors and fans to generate ungodly sums of money.
Well if you it's not a sport, then why did the FIA go out of their way to enforce rules. (Wow, rules....sports have rules don't they? Do enterprises ? :roll: )
100,000 plus people went to see a Formula 1 race - not a debacle.

What resulted was a debacle.

F1 and the FIA simply screwed the fans over - the ones who spent the $5,000 to $10,000 it takes to cart you family around the world/country to go watch an F1 race.

Hotels, flights, rental cars, tickets, concessions - these people were conned out of their money.
The FIA did not screw anyone over in this particular situation. Michelin did, with their poor choice of tires. And the teams that withdrew did, because of their refusal to run the race with a poor choice of equipment

The prudent thing to do would have been to call the race off, give everyone a refund and send every one home.
Yes well, the prudent thing to do isn't always the right thing to do

That is what other much more financially successful franchises have done in similar situations.
Once again, the way that would make them the most money is not necessarily the correct way

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 06:55 PM   #186
5vz-fe
Regular User

RC:

I totally agree with u on the refunding part......coz it is a crappy weekend and that is not what ppl pay to see. However, cancelling a race would mean penalty to Bridgestone runners and they are the ones who is doing things right. So while agreeing on ur refunding idea, I would say they should still held the race, rewarding the ppl who got it right the points they deserve.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:35 PM   #187
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pharzo
(Wow, rules....sports have rules don't they? Do enterprises ? :roll: )
Yes - enterprises have rules very clear rules.

Quite clearly the FIA together with Formula 1 cheated 100,000+ people out of millions of dollars.

Very poor show.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:37 PM   #188
ZfrkS62
Regular User

But to let this fiasco continue and still pocket the money is fraud with criminal intent
Only if there is evidence that this was planned out in advance and seeing as how the FIA got Michelin's letter at 5AM doesn't exactly constitute fraud

The respectful thing to do would be to refund the tickets and conssecions.

But i have a feeling we'll be hearing about lawsuits before too long. This was the wrong country to have something like this happen

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 08:17 PM   #189
graywolf624
Regular User

Not to point out the obvious paul, but your confusing f1 the commercial enterprise with the group that made the call.. the fia.. a non-profit organization.

f1 and racing are a sport... The fia is at fault for creating the potential, but the f1 teams and michilin are ultimately the ones who caused the incident. No fans will win lawsuits, as there are no real legal grounds, but if I were f1 I would consider a refund to help there image.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 08:20 PM   #190
nismodave
Regular User

Someone owes me a REFUND!!!!

$210 for 2 tickets.

FIA or IMS or Michelen.

I know the French (FIA,Michelen) hate the USA (and vice-versa) but Damn, I didnt think they would do something like this to screw up our race. :x
nismodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 08:25 PM   #191
gucom
Regular User

Besides they have to do something to make sure that Ferrari can show up and have a chance of winning again this decade..
yeah right...that must be why the Ferraris were driving with extra weight htis year...costing them an estimated 1.5 seconds a lap...

and @ nismodave, after the Le Mans 24hours, ive heard the American anthem about 50 times or so, so i dont think they hate you that much
But i do kinda agree about the refund, you payed and came to see a race, not 2 ferraris driving circles around the others...
Old 06-20-2005, 08:35 PM   #192
pharzo
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
Not to point out the obvious paul, but your confusing f1 the commercial enterprise with the group that made the call.. the fia.. a non-profit organization.

f1 and racing are a sport... The fia is at fault for creating the potential, but the f1 teams and michilin are ultimately the ones who caused the incident. No fans will win lawsuits, as there are no real legal grounds, but if I were f1 I would consider a refund to help there image.
ummm....paul?

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 08:43 PM   #193
graywolf624
Regular User

paul=rc45
Old 06-20-2005, 09:47 PM   #194
antonioledesma
Regular User

watch out wolf... I didn't know RC's name until now. Maybe he doesn't like to have his name posted
just my 0.1 cents, remember the rules

back with the topic... I'd say that it was a rip-off. I watched the resume some minutes ago. I don't liked the audience behaviour
I didn't like FIA resolution
it was a crappy race, even when MS and RB gave some show.

michelin had a lot of fault, they provided very soft tyres, and bridgestone used wisely the info that their sister part gave them
what a dissapointment
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 09:53 PM   #195
graywolf624
Regular User

Wasn't meant in that way... Im sure if he doesn't like it I can remove it. Not like I gave his full information or he hasnt written his first name here before in about 50 different posts. Hell not like I haven't either.

(feel free to refer to me as Dennis.. You can find more then one post where Ive signed as such).