Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:59 AM   #1
tforth
Regular User

Default TG Senna Tribute

Actually quite good, for those who remember seeing him fight/win in F1. I especially enjoyed to see how many contemporary and current drivers rated him as THE best.

For some reason, I could only find part 2 of this clip

tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:10 AM   #2
Strop
Regular User

It was a big surprise when i saw this episode, well done TG
Strop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:21 AM   #3
ZfrkS62
Regular User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P0ST...ayer_embedded#!

here's part 1 with portugese subtitles

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:10 AM   #4
RC45
Regular User

I have to go against the grain - I grew up watching him and as good as he was, his filthy driving tactics always had me rooting against him.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
szumszer
Regular User

a great driver, but some of those moves are something that most F1 fans would crucify Schumacher for, yet they love Senna, not to mention that you don't see Senna trying to help out Prost out of his car after that accident he just caused, winning at all costs to the very end, still a fantastic driver and certainly one of the best or the best if you listen to old Schumacher foes, critics and drivers from Brazil, and the man himself, but I would not trust some of the things he says for the camera
szumszer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:00 AM   #6
tforth
Regular User

Originally Posted by szumszer View Post
a great driver, but some of those moves are something that most F1 fans would crucify Schumacher for, yet they love Senna, not to mention that you don't see Senna trying to help out Prost out of his car after that accident he just caused, winning at all costs to the very end, still a fantastic driver and certainly one of the best or the best if you listen to old Schumacher foes, critics and drivers from Brazil, and the man himself, but I would not trust some of the things he says for the camera
He didn't help Prost, it was Comas, and I don't believe he had anything to do with it...

I started out hating Senna as well. I remember Piquet dismissing him early on, saying that he had won WCs, whereas Senna had not (at that point!).

However, to see Senna string together a qualifying lap on tires that were good for only 1.5 laps, at best (remember qualifying tires in F1??), with a qualiying engine (remember this concept, Honda had a Q V12 with Ceramic piston/cylinders and no rings!), all while there was traffic on the course.

My favourite seesion was at Phoenix in '90 or '91, after Prost had gone to Ferrari (his former team mate at McLaren). Senna was behind Prost by ~0.75s. He drove by the Ferrari pit to make his final bid for P1, with 10 min. to spare. He drove by with his fore fnger in the air, for Prost and his crew to see. Guess what happened?

There are few that can pull that off, considering all of the variables. He remains my favourite, with all his warts. Call it personality. Something Schumacher will never understand.
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote