Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

View Poll Results: love or hate porsche?
love 32 74.42%
hate 2 4.65%
i think its ok... 9 20.93%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2004, 01:05 AM   #16
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

I LOVE Porsche, I honestly do not care that the engine is in the back but the fact that they can put it in the back and still make their cars handle the way that they do shows great engineering. I talked to a guy at the carwash yesterday who had a 1985 911 with over 200,000 miles on it. He said that it still runs great and its still great fun. You just do not find any other company that builds cars like Porsche does, with the performance, build quality combined with great technology and great looks. I like Ferraris kinda, but I'm a huge Porsche fan, I always have been and always will be!
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 01:56 AM   #17
Ziploc
Regular User

hmm between a RWD carrera or a 360? the carrera allways

the carrera is sooo sexy and the targa version is genius, its allso smaller, IMO more usable, got a pop up spoiler (cool factor) and doesn't attract crowds

not to mention it has great track manners

hmm i read to much or that porcshe track driving guide for the carrera and boxster i fell in love

and because porsche has roots in almost every form of motorsport even dakar and raally is a huge boost over ferrari

^^^ not the prettiest car in the world IMO ^^^
Ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 02:08 AM   #18
hirari
Regular User

Originally Posted by marciodcmendes
I would rather have a 911. It is a car you can drive daily. The Enzo is more of a track car. Just a question: How many 911's could you buy with what costs to buy an Enzo?
I also LOVE Porsche. I agree with you marciodcmendes. I think 911 Turbo is the kinda car that can be driven anywhere, when you go to work, in the city, the countryside, on highways and country roads. Unlike the Enzo, it's the kinda car that when you bought it, you just keep it at home most of the time.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:16 AM   #19
gigdy
Regular User

I personally like Porches but i dont think you can compare the to ferraris there just so different. My personal fav is the 959.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:08 AM   #20
BaseRSX

This one is kind of cool-

BaseRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 11:42 AM   #21
NYCHonda
Regular User

I think Porsche is okay. I don't love them or hate them. Actually Porsches are really fun to drive. They're great sports car but there's only thing that makes me not love their cars, it's the look of it. My personal opinion, I think most Porsches are pretty ugly. The only Porsche I would say looks decent are the Boxster & the Carrera GT. The 911 is a superb car but only if it wouldn't look like that.
NYCHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 05:20 PM   #22
Bavarias_Finest
Regular User

Default Re: Porsche

Old 02-09-2004, 05:22 PM   #23
Bavarias_Finest
Regular User

Old 02-09-2004, 05:25 PM   #24
Bavarias_Finest
Regular User

Originally Posted by ame
who hates porsche ? Wouldn't you prefer any supercar over a porsche anytime ?

porsche is the only dull supercar i can think of. I don't actually mean it's dull , but when compared to ferrari's, Lambo's and the zonda. Porsche just doesn't seem very special anymore. The only porsche with interesting looks is the GT3 i think. The 911 Turbo looks too soft and timid for a supercar with its brilliant performace and build quality. And don't get me started on the Cayenne.

Porsche need to give a little style and special character to their cars. The type of style that Italian cars have.

Just compare this porsche 911 Turbo with the Ferrari Enzo .

Well a GT2 is around 200k, while the Enzo is going to cost you 660k.......Both have right around the same amount of power but the Porsche costs 460k less give or take some....I don think Porsche's styling is lacking in any way, they are just not fixing what aint broke, something BMW failed to do with their new designs. Porsche has been the bench mark in fine tuned autos for a long time, and their reliability is beyond that of Lambo or Ferrari. I prefer shique over flashy and plus having an extra 460k to buy 4 or 5 more cars.....aint too shabby.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-09-2004, 05:44 PM   #25
Ziploc
Regular User

what a fucked up triple post :\
Ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 04:22 AM   #26
Bavarias_Finest
Regular User

Originally Posted by ame
hey evo is there lots of cool cars in dubai.
I went there once and it was full of lots of white toyota camry taxies. I live in doha qatar and theres quite a few ferraris here. Since they opened a showroom a few year ago. Since the country is tiny you regularly see those cars. I even heard that some guy in qatar bought a Ferrai Enzo, although i never saw it.
My friend lives in Qatar.....very pretty, but like you said tiny too....I think theres only like 600,000 people in the country, and with all the money floating around, it makes for a lot of nice scenery car wise.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:25 AM   #27
Bavarias_Finest
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ziploc
what a fucked up triple post :\
My connection was screwed up last night I clicked submit so many times suprised there are not 100 posts.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:53 AM   #28
SFDMALEX

Bavarias_Finest
My friend lives in Qatar.....very pretty, but like you said tiny too....I think theres only like 600,000 people in the country, and with all the money floating around, it makes for a lot of nice scenery car wise.
yea theres about 600,000, its almost funny. Its cool that its small though, cos you see everyone u know regularly, but theres not much things to do. May i ask , your friend probably goes to the American School right ?
theres only like 1 american school, and 3 British schools here.

we have really cool modified landcruisers and nissan patrols with huge tires and suspension. They go up sand dunes with them..
Old 02-10-2004, 01:18 PM   #29
Bavarias_Finest
Regular User

Actually he was born and raised there to my knowledge, Im not sure if he went to the American school or not, I dont think so though. He was friends with alot of the people from the school though, people from all over the world, because of the oil companies and what not...you know how it is. He is currently in London attending school. My other friend who lives too (forgot to mention) goes to the dunes all the time, with their Land Cruiser....he showed me a bunch of pictures, it was very cool.
I unfortunately have not talked to either in a while, but none the less hope to visit some day.