Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 08-28-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
tbtstt
Regular User

Default Time Attack, Brands Hatch, August 2008

Small selection of images from the Brands Hatch round of the Time Attack series, held as part of the Auto Tuner event. More images will follow in early September (I have an upload limitation on the photo hosting site! )

My personal faves are those of the Monkfish Impreza, such a great looking car. Some of the pictures aren't brilliant, I know, but given that I took them on my cheap camera I'm pretty chuffed how some of them turned out!

I hope I've posted these pictures in accordance with the forum rules. You should be able to follow the images back for a higher resolution (1024 x 768) image. If anyone wants anything bigger then that, then send me a PM!
tbtstt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:53 AM   #2
tbtstt
Regular User

Best of the rest:

The whole album (with higher qaulity images for download) can be seen here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2296161...7606958210546/

Enjoy!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
silentm
Regular User

nice panning shots! cool mixture of cars out there. good to a corvette there too, that's a rare sighting
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:48 AM   #4
tbtstt
Regular User

Ah, I see! Sorry, misunderstood you there! Yeah, there are a lot of Impreza's on the road here, there'd be a lot more if the insurance companies were so intent on f*cking over every person who owns (or wants to own) one!

I know in the pro class the top three cars were the Zen Subaru Impreza GC8 (1st), Guglielmi Motorsport Lotus Elise (2nd) and Roger Clark Motorsport Subaru Impreza (3rd). The Zen Impreza also broke the Time Attack record at Brands (on the Indy circuit), still a bit of a way until they crack the outright lap record at Brands tho!

I can't remember who the drivers were, but it was mainly GC8 Impreza's heading the "lower" classes as well. It was quite surprising to see, as even the lightly modified (older) Impreza's seemed to be a lot quicker than any of the Evo's on track, irrespective of their age. Given that the Evo is always touted as being the more track tuned of the two machines I was surprised to not see them doing better.

Last edited by tbtstt; 09-01-2008 at 10:50 AM. Reason: More info to add!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:05 PM   #5
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post

Nice event. I like the green RX7 the best. Seeing the older Subaru with the body kit makes me think that's the look Mitsubishi was going for with the new Evo X . . .
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:52 AM   #6
tbtstt
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
Nice event. I like the green RX7 the best. Seeing the older Subaru with the body kit makes me think that's the look Mitsubishi was going for with the new Evo X . . .
I've never really thought of it like that, but you have a good point there. Clearly while the Mitusbishi designers were studying Subaru's past glories for design ideas, the Subaru team were smoking something funny and wondering how hidious they could make the '08 Impreza look...

Everytime I look at the pictures now the red RX-7 grows on me a bit more, the FD3S has a really timeless quality to its shape (I think). I don't know if the car was a genuine product of RE Amemiya or was just wearing the decals, I couldn't find an owner to ask. Wish I'd have taken more pictures of it really, still as a compensation I found these saved in a random location on my camera!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:46 PM   #7
hope6666
Regular User

Badass pics. Wish I could be there.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:08 AM   #8
Pokiou
Regular User

Man how nice are those GC8 WRX's!!! my god i wet my self alittle
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:08 AM   #9
tbtstt
Regular User

These were, in my opinion, the highlight of the tweaked GC8's. The first of the two cars is Roger Clark Motorsports Impreza (the "Gobstopper"). Full WRC style shell, a lot of WRC spec components on board. Oh, and 850 BHP. This car came third on the day (surprisingly - though it did look "slower" then I've seen it in the past). The Roger Clark Impreza also took the #2 position at the head of the column for the McRae Gathering last weekend.

The Zen Impreza was very impressive to watch. I don't know if it was just the way it was being driven, but it looked like the car was just putting down so much power. You could see the back breaking out as the car was accelerating out the corners (you can sort of see that in the photo). The Zen Impreza only chucks out around 600 BHP (only!), but is run on Bioethanol, so is deriving more power through the fuel. The Zen Impreza was also the fastest car of the day.

The Roger Clark and Zen Impreza's are reckoned, by most sources, to be the quickest in the world.

Still, my fave car of the day though (as I said in the first post):

Not sure about the colour, but the STi IV and V Type R's were (and still are) the pinnacle of the Impreza series (in my opinion at least!). In the last few months the look of the old Impreza's with the low spoiler has really grown on me (it's only taken me 10 years...)

Last edited by tbtstt; 09-09-2008 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #10
Strop
Regular User

Some serious imprezas there....i would love to see some onboards of these cars
Strop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #11
tbtstt
Regular User

Originally Posted by Strop View Post
Some serious imprezas there....i would love to see some onboards of these cars
Your wish is my command...

(Not my videos!)

Onboard footage from the Team Monkfish Time Attack Impreza Type R (which was the slowest of the three in the pictures!) at Brands Hatch (Indy circuit).

Last edited by tbtstt; 09-09-2008 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 09-10-2008, 06:35 AM   #12
Strop
Regular User

Your wish is my command...

Thanks man!!!!!!!
Strop is offline   Reply With Quote