Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 12-18-2003, 05:26 AM   #16
altezza
Regular User

Originally Posted by deth
thanx for the info....ne idea if it was a euro only thing?
i think this car is also available to buyers living in the US
as long as they order it...

"This is the BMW M3 GTR Strassenversion (street version), as to hand built in a limited run by BMW's M department in 2002. The Strassenversion is a homologation special to get the ALMS GTR race car homologated. The exact number of horses is not known but BMW claim it to be between 350 and 450. The extensive use of carbon fibre and other exotic materials resulted in a weight reduction of almost 200 kilos. The M3 GTR will be for sale for about 250,000 Euro in Europe and $229,000 in North America. "
source: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...car.mv&num=960
altezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 08:50 PM   #17
bmwdakias
Regular User

The car was produced in order to get the ALMS GTR race car homologated as altezza also said. BMW couldnt compete with the faster porsches by using the inline straight it allready had on its m3 so they had to install a bigger capacity V8. It was produced in really small numbers, unfortunately i dont know the actual number
bmwdakias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:17 PM   #18
tigerx
Regular User

doesn't look so good to me and the price tag really make this thing worse. with that money i coulda buy a REALLY REALLY good porsche (GT3, or GT2).
Old 02-02-2004, 09:39 PM   #19
SamuraiGti
Regular User

The car is very nice, it a shame that the front wheels isn't bigger to get a little bit outside the car to really use the body kit =\

The price is a "little" high, but certainly there will be people that will buy it.

I won't be one of those unfortunatly =\ lol

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
SamuraiGti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 05:23 AM   #20
Evo
Regular User

My God.. that pic still on the net..

I was the one who took the pix of that M3GTR at our BMW dealer .. I think it was about 2 years ago.. .. You will notice on the second pix.. A board in the background on the left side written in Arabic too..

The car was sold for 250,000 US doller.. and was told to a guy in my Home town.. Couple of days after I took the pix I saw it on a truck and being delivered to it's lucky Owner.. and by chance I was talking with my friend about it in my car when it passed us by .. hehe ..

It was one good looking car

The roof was fully made of Carbon fiber.. No back seats.. the front spoiler is a bit more extended to the front.. and the tail pipes are a bit too long
Old 02-03-2004, 05:25 AM   #21
Evo
Regular User

Ohh forgot to tell you guys..

When I first posted those pix on a BMW message board..
BMW UK magazine send me an email.. asking me if they can use the pix in their magazine and in return they will give me a 1 year free subscription to their magazine.... LoL could not resist.. and it's only a pix.. so I accepted.. and recived it for 1 full year as they promissed.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:35 AM   #22
oantob
Regular User

nice, but i wonder the M3 GTR vs M3 CSL which one will do u think will win?
Old 02-03-2004, 02:00 PM   #23
bmwdakias
Regular User

i would say the GTR, they have the same weight, and the big difference in torque is going to compensate for the extra 10hp of the CSL. I also believe that the v8 of the GTR could be easlily modified to gain some extra power without having any reliability problems. The inline six of the CSL has reached its limit according to the engineers of BMW so you cant get any more out of this amazing engine.
bmwdakias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 02:03 PM   #24
Fleischmann
Regular User

Prefer the CSL
Old 02-03-2004, 08:48 PM   #25
oscargarza88
Regular User

how come i i have never seen any revio on this car?
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote