Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-13-2007, 11:21 PM   #1
blinkmeat
Regular User

Default Benny Hinn

Perhaps a bad soundtrack but you get the point - Benny Hinn is a sideshow asshole and thief for some - for others a cult-hero.

Watch the hypnotist pray upon these people - just to own this: (Hinn House/resort)

http://www.yikers.com/video_benny_hi..._hardcore.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_Hinn
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:44 PM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

Being 'slain by the spirit' is something very real... some people have problems with evangelists becoming a successful leader, and financial success. I don't. I don't support them financially either.

But, seeing what happens in that video may make a average new-age spiritualist freak out, but it's far from fake, and is even semi-common in protestant non-denominational churches...

It happened to me years ago, and was the single event that turned my life around... something that cannot be explained. I have been at an event with hypnotists.. some people can be hypnotized, while others can't. I fall in the latter category.

When being slain in the spirit, something very odd happens, and it is a very physical reaction.. but at no time are you in pain... a great peace comes over you like you may not be able to imagine... perhaps something that may be able to be replicated in a sensory deprivation chamber, I don't know... but something physically happens the moment somebody who is a servant of God, and blessed with that gift in the spirit... it's just odd.

Is what's in the video real or fake? I don't know, but it does happen, and it can be very real. It's something that everybody ought to experience
Old 06-13-2007, 11:58 PM   #3
blinkmeat
Regular User

oh ok :roll: Still waiting for that experience ... fingers crossed.

Probably a seratonin overdoes, combined with a need and will to manifest some kind of religious fantasy sounds more like it to me anyway.

I'm off topic - Your religion is obviously your prerogative --

The point is Benny Hinn uses gimmicks to make himself rich ... Didn't Jesus mingle amongst the lepers and walk the desert for 26 years? Yet here's old benny in his private jet and 8.5 million dollar house

Benny Hinn isn't helping people in the end, he's just cheating them by using the name of God

I'm really urked by your opinion regarding these televangelist scum--
Old 06-14-2007, 12:47 AM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by blinkmeat
Benny Hinn isn't helping people in the end, he's just cheating them by using the name of God

I'm really urked by your opinion regarding these televangelist scum--
It doesn't bother me that people give them money, they are free to do so under their own will... why does it bother you?

Are you as deeply bothered that people actually gave donations to some guy through his website so he could buy a Ferrari? what about the 1$ per pixel guys?

At least this guy doesn't say "you must give me 30,000$ in order to be a good christian.... unlike our scientologist friends.

Does it bother you when they have pledge drives on NPR and PBS?

Those executives aren't making small fries either.... let alone the big production producers for those systems of broadcast.

It's easy to play anything like the "slain in the spirit" thing as "increased seratonin levels"

get my drift?
Old 06-14-2007, 05:52 PM   #5
blinkmeat
Regular User

^

Because people feel that god uses Benny as a vehicle for healing/whathaveyou so they go to his ministries in hopes to be healed/ saved/whatever ... thats why they give him money ... Its the oldest trick in the book! and it's not right to use religion in such a way imho ... Benny is just a fraud

No the above doesn't bother me - it's apples and oranges