Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 05-26-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
Andrew
Regular User

Default another knockhill tracknight! plus a ride in a murcielago

finally some really good weather and sunshine!didnt wanna be stuck in the house yesterday so took the trip up for this months hot marques day.was hopeing the new filters would have arrived for my camera but no such luck also tried a few more camera spots aswell and i think some pictures came out great.had a chat with the guy that runs the bruces taxis evo in which one through a rod last friday,apprently they got a replacement engine on ebay the next day and that car was all tuned up and ready to go but they couldnt get it to the track in time for last night.went off to a few new spots i wanted to try out,one of the evos seemed to hate it tyres coming out of the hairpin some great cars on the track then after a while this murcielago flys past and i knew it straight away,as a local car(to me) being chased by a tuscan s6(dreadnaught special ) so worked my way around to the pit lane and got talking to the owner of the tuscan as i know him as hes at all the other trackdays i go to and was asking how it was as he was dropping oil at the last trackday and he was saying its fine and i should have a look at this (pointing out the lambo) and saying it was faster than liams (he has that silver gallardo) and asked for a few laps to try and compare it to liams (excuse anyway )and he said sure jump in so he started the car up with a little throttle and the car moved from side to side!! but a problem i had with it was fitting into it the mur might look big but trust me inside it is not,started playing with the buttons and paul (the owner) was like erm the seats fully back and i just turned and said your kidding right :lol and he said no thats it fully back.im 6'3 and if you know the crash position in a plane,thats what i was like in that heading out the pit lane and seemed out then the red light went out and trust me ive never felt a force like what i did when you go full throttle in a murcielago,its seriously like being hit with a wreaking ball,i had a sore head for the rest of the night from it being banged against the seat/firewall it really is that forcefull.you can try to imagine it but you just cant its something you have to experience.the car did not roll at all,just stayed flat and pointed exactly where the driver wanted to go,i said to him that it didnt feel as heavy as i thought it would in the corners and he just said yeah its fantasic,thats as much as the in car conversation went as i found out what the handle on the central console is for in my friends leon if you get a could run out of the hairpin,going under the bridge on the main straight its doing around 105mph,in the lambo he was doing over 130 and was just playing with it just an epic car but i still prefer the gallardo.thing is the mur is extremely fast and the force of being pushed in the seat is unreal,but with the gallardo you get a similar force pushing you into the seat but you can properly feel the noise of the car in your belly like its reaching in and messing about with your orgins and with the mur i just didnt feel that,dont get me wrong i still loved every second of it and im still smiling

more pics

Old 05-26-2007, 02:10 PM   #2
franck bullitt
Regular User

Location: 10 mls from Eurodisneyland....and too far from unlimited speed's highway!

Thx.... nice reporting