Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 08-22-2006, 08:17 PM   #16
spanky
Regular User

Great sound 8)

Hope it stays that way for production
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:23 PM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
Originally Posted by Minacious
Sadly, it will sound nothing like that when it goes into production.
If they utilize a little butterfly valve as with the Corvette, it could sound like that. Quiet at idle and low RPM, but stomp on it and it opens up giving the true sound.

And you can bypass it as well.
except the new Z06 manages to sound like crap even with the butterfly open.... in truth, the Z needs some Borla Stingers' to begin sounding good again.... new and old.

the F bodies always sounded better then the Z.... will the concept sound like the production car? not likely; but it will be able to with some cat- deleates
Old 08-23-2006, 04:40 PM   #18
graywolf624
Regular User

except the new Z06 manages to sound like crap even with the butterfly open.... in truth, the Z needs some Borla Stingers' to begin sounding good again.... new and old.
I dunno I kinda liked the sounds with the fuse for the buterfly removed. Then again Im a bit old school.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:43 PM   #19
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
I dunno I kinda liked the sounds with the fuse for the buterfly removed. Then again Im a bit old school.
I've seen/been with about 10 Z06's (C6) and seen open throttle conditions significantly..... it still doesn't sound even as good as C5 Z06.

then again, i am old school, and prefer resonanced tuned aftermarket pipes and lope

yeah, with the butterfly open, it is better.....
Old 09-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #20
FoxFour
Regular User

Very few street cars sound very good when you rev the engine up near red-line with no load on it. Sounds like it has glass-packs
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote