Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 04-21-2006, 10:24 AM   #16
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by gangajas
I wonder why some American car fanboys can't accept the problems of their favourite car. Complex of inferiority??
I was going to say "Suck my dick".... but figure there is no need to lower to your level.... so I won't say "Kiss my arse" either.

But instead will point you to a thread like this that shows every car maker, even Porker have cars with minor and major failures...

http://www.theautobahn.com/forum/sho...page=1&start=& pp=10&highlight=quality+control

Read those 11 pages and see there are happ,y unhappy and even pissed customers at Porsche for blown engines, transmissions, rattling interiors, warping brake rotors etc etc etc.

So how about you give up this "shit of american cars vendetta" once and for all?

You just ignore the fact that even F-cars and L-cars have problems... :roll: -- but I guess because you pay more for them, it's easier to forgive the flaws...
Obviously every car has its problems, but in this thread we are talking about a Corvette that has lost its roof!!

You are the moderator and you think you can say whatever you want, but it would be nicer if you could be more polite.

I never use that kind of expressions so I don't know why you say "there is no need to lower to your level".
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 11:04 AM   #17
RC45
Regular User

Obviously every car has its problems, but in this thread we are talking about a Corvette that has lost its roof!!
Actually, we are talking aboiut a composite car that has lost a single sheet of glued on composite.. a non-stress baring outer cosmetic layer.

So - it has not "lost it's roof" - it has lost the glued on cosmetic composite skin that covers the structure..

You are the moderator and you think you can say whatever you want, but it would be nicer if you could be more polite.
I was polite - I specifically indicated I would NOT say those terrible things. You don't get much more polite thaqn that... right?

Read carefully - I state I will NOT say those aweful rude things - WHo in their right might would say something aweful like "Kiss my arse"... So for that reason alone I will never say that.

I never use that kind of expressions so I don't know why you say "there is no need to lower to your level".
And again - as you never use those expressions there is no way in hell I will say something like "Suck my dick" - it just has no place on a forum thread.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 11:34 AM   #18
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Roof flies off at 60mph? :shock: I hope this was a one of a kind mis hap.. Even Ferrari's soft tops are able to reach 80mph..
Old 04-21-2006, 01:04 PM   #19
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Roof flies off at 60mph? :shock: I hope this was a one of a kind mis hap.. Even Ferrari's soft tops are able to reach 80mph..
Not to mention the early Viper canvas snapons were good for at least 65mph...
Old 04-21-2006, 01:19 PM   #20
Minacious
Regular User

While I was reading that back when the guy posted it, I knew all the Corvette haters would spring up. Now it has made it here (and I knew it would), and the JW Corvette haters have popped up. Look, shit happens. It happens to GM just like it happens to everyone else’s precious car maker. It gets documented just the same, though maybe not as much because the owner of, lets say a Porsche for instance, is too embarrassed to admit their high-and mighty car has just shit the bed.

Everyone is quick to call RC a Corvette fan boy because he backs the Corvette (Z06). Well guess what, you can be perceived as a fan boy for whatever manufacturer you are so adamant about defending too. RC is fully aware of what the Corvette can and can not do (as am I having owned one, though not a Z06). He is also fully aware of how well it is or isn’t built (it is a Chevy after all). The Z06 isn’t trying to be the ultimate luxury cruiser. It is trying (and pulling off rather well) to be one bad ass sport car.

Everyone gets their panties full of blood when the Corvette, the Z06 in particular, comes out and whoops on the competition. Then it becomes, “Its American made, so it’s still shit no matter what.”, “Yeah it’s fast, but the interior is cheaply made”, etc, etc. If those are the best arguments that can be made, then there is no argument at all. Is it so hard to recognize greatness just because it’s American made?
Old 04-21-2006, 01:46 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
Is it so hard to recognize greatness just because it’s American made?
It will never happen man... by adopting the US as my new home I crawled from the fire (Africa.... in the frying pan... (America...)

Sometimes the fact that "we" are hated and despised almost makes it that much better when "we" time and again kick "their" asses to the curb...
Old 04-21-2006, 04:37 PM   #22
gangajas
Regular User

If you were more critical with your domestic manufacturers instead of being so aggressive against the foreign manufacuters maybe these things would not happen, but if you justify everything, they will not have any problem when they do anything wrong....
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 06:19 PM   #23
RC45
Regular User

If you were more critical with your domestic manufacturers instead of being so aggressive against the foreign manufacuters maybe these things would not happen, but if you justify everything, they will not have any problem when they do anything wrong....
If you say so...

I hate GM - I have had my car back for more repairs than you could imagine... if you think for 1 sec I imagine GM to be good service orirnatated people you are wrong...

They do however know how to design and build a car that fucks off like a scalded cat yet costs less than a cheap hooker in Amsterdam.

For a performance car enthusisat that's all that counts...
Old 04-21-2006, 08:11 PM   #24
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by MIHALS
^^^

Don't worry RC, I'm just teasing you .... I know you don't let anybody touch your vette

anyway. this looks really wierd just the roof panel gets off. I would be thinking about that aftermarket glass-roof
Ya... the Porksters keep all the "real info" to themsleves...

http://www.theautobahn.com/forum/sho...uality+control

Problems range from rattles and squeaky clutch pedal, to seats falling apart, b rakes warping anf transmission going south...

But they all seem to have similar responses to folks who enjoy owning their Vettes "We don't car because when you hit the go pedal you forget about the issues"..

that must be the reason the porsche dealer across the street (The Exchange Everso might know of them) is now open until midnight for service and why I see SOO many Porsches on flatbeds on a daily basis and even the occasional Ferrari.

atleast he can still drive his vette to the dealer.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote