Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 12-30-2003, 04:22 PM   #16
flat6
Regular User

Come on now, it's just a big pimp. If you want a sports car, then go for an Elise or a 360 or something... or better yet, hop into a race version of a 911 or Caterham. But if you're going hyper exotic, you might as well get into some disturbing numbers for weight and power.
flat6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 07:47 PM   #17
jpatino03
Regular User

Did anyone else read that EVO interview with Gordon Murray? I think he put it best on what's wrong with the Veyron.

Phil Hill, Kappa Sigma for life.
jpatino03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 08:04 PM   #18
SDK2003
Regular User

Originally Posted by jpatino03
Did anyone else read that EVO interview with Gordon Murray? I think he put it best on what's wrong with the Veyron.
Yeah I remember that article very well indeed, good read

|| Canon 20D x2 | 17-40L | 24-70L | 100 USM Macro | 100-400L IS | 580EX ||
SDK2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 12:24 AM   #19
pimrusis
Regular User

Default Turbos

Originally Posted by yg60m
testers are agree that the Turbo engine gives a stronger feeling of acceleration, even against the Enzo so with 4 Turbo that must be amazing !
I would imagine that the reason for the feel of acceleration is the sudden rush of power when the turbos kick in. However, if you go onto the Bugatti website and watch the vids on the Veyron it points out that the fact that it has 4 turbochargers make them perform in essense, like a supercharger. This meaning that it would provide a more constant acceleration instead of a rush. Correct me if I am wrong though, cause I have never driven a turbo'd car only a super'd one.
pimrusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 07:25 PM   #20
dylan99
Regular User

I've read an article that weight of the Veyron will be around 1900/1950 KG!!!!!
I think so far it's a great car but that's a lot of weight isn't I think personally it's too much. however I will still buy it but the weight is TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2004, 04:58 AM   #21
bmwfreak
Regular User

All the Veyrons are supposedly sold out. And each customer will also get a custom-made/designed Bugatti watch, complete with 4 dials inside that resemble turbochargers. Alone, it would cost 20,00 pounds, or so they say. Geez, give me a Rolex or Tag Heuer anytime.

I reckon Gordon Murray got it right. As it is, the spirit and essence of the Veyron will no doubt insure that it will not get the kind of adulation, respect or heart-tugging emotional capability of the Mac F1. I would think that only Murray himself could ever build a proper hypercar to rival, or surpass the F1.

Come on, McLaren. Ask BMW for another monster of an M Power engine. Stick the P83 M Power F1 engine (880 Bhp, 19 050 RpM) in the back of another, newer and more technologically advanced Macca F1 succerssor.

Then we'll all die and goto heaven. Yes.....

^Home.

///M

God's gift to the driver.
bmwfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 11:56 AM   #22
TeflonTron
Regular User

The bottom line is that 1600kgs isn't that heavy. I mean, a Murcielago and Diablo both weigh more than 1600kgs, which is a real shame. I personally think that the Veyron is a vile chunk of machine, and I think that it lacks the soul, passion and spirit of the other Italian companies.
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 09:24 PM   #23
asthenia
Regular User

I think the low center of gravity and huge tire size will be enough to make up for the weight, as handling goes. It's not like the owners will be thrashing it around an autocross though, it's just too much. It's the kind of thing you take out on the highway with your brother in-law strapped into the passenger seat, and say "watch this..." --- you just don't race a car like this.

What worries me is that maybe it's *too* fast. When the boost kicks in, you've got about five seconds between a dead stop, and flipping it 4 times in the air. Scary.
asthenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 11:57 PM   #24
jpatino03
Regular User

I was talking to my friends about it today and he mentioned that it looks like something that would come out of someone's ass. The more I look at it now, the more it starts to look like a fast turd on wheels.

Phil Hill, Kappa Sigma for life.
jpatino03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 12:13 AM   #25
BADMIHAI
Regular User

The Veyron is a beauty! I would get one in a second, if I could. The 4 turbos kick in one after the other, so there is almost nu turbo lag. Of course, you would expect that a 8L. W16engine ,even with a big turbo wouldn't have much lag. It's a sick car.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 11:36 AM   #26
TeflonTron
Regular User

It may well be fast, but it leaves me cold with its lack of soul, and passion is what cars are all about.
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote