Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 05-19-2005, 08:57 AM   #1
Skaala
Regular User

Default Bergen, Norway 56k no no

from this winter

Old 05-19-2005, 09:37 AM   #2
dingo
Regular User

As always pictures of the snow make me jealous - looks like a lovely place All the houses look so close to each other, which is different to here
Thanks for the little tour
Old 05-19-2005, 10:04 AM   #3
abbor
Regular User

Bergen sure is one of the beautiful cities in this country, too bad with all the rain..

Wondered about going to uni there, but decided to go for Trondheim, Oslo or Grimstad instead..
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:10 AM   #4
Skaala
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
BTW, I heard that Bergen is one of the most wet cities in the World, with rains something like 200 days every year!
yepp... it rains a lot here, but not as much as people want it to. This year is an exeption, and there has'nt rained so much since 1831 or something. The South part of Norway is noce to. I live in Grimstad, but I go to school in Bergen... so I'll post some pictures from Grimstad as well.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:16 AM   #5
abbor
Regular User

You live in Grimstad?? Where in Grimstad?
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:18 AM   #6
Skaala
Regular User

Originally Posted by abbor
You live in Grimstad?? Where in Grimstad?
Myrsvingen in Holvika, but as I said, I go to school in Bergen now
Old 05-19-2005, 10:33 AM   #7
Skaala
Regular User

some pics from grimstad

on the 23rd of June we celebrate St.Hans Many people gather around on the small islands surroundng the south part of Norway

another one from St.Hans, a place called Hampholmen ( basiclly means Hemp Island)

A place called "kanalen" The best swimming place in town

same as above, from "kanalen" my friends boat in the foreground

my trusty homemade 16ft 55hp boat

On our way out from "kanalen" it takes about 20 min of slow driving to reach the coast from here

some pics from the world offshore 1 race in Arendal in 2001. I worked as a safety guard. Driving a resvueboat with divers and medics, incase of an accident.

digital zoom (very small)
Old 05-19-2005, 11:04 AM   #8
TransAm
Regular User

What a lovely-looking city!

Thanks for the post, Skaala

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:47 PM   #9
coombsie66
Regular User

I never noticed this thread till now, i went on a norweigen fyord cruise last august, flaam, bergen, and i forget the other 3 places, but snap on the trip up the cable car and photo oppertunity!! Our cruise ship is the big one right on the end of the harbor. Bergen was the nicest and most developed and populated place we visited, the other places we visited were a bit 'quiet' to say the least!!!!!

Old 01-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #10
coombsie66
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
I have a friend who works as an paramedic on the boat you took from the UK then Coombsie....

If you went to Flaam you probably was at Voss to, wich is my birth place...you have been vacating in my backyard then coombs, people should tell when they are going and where, I could have hooked you up with things to try out that are not that quiet....
Unfortunately i was on a 'family' holiday with my parents and grandparents, and we never spend more than a day in port, no evenings.
I didnt go to voss, i was on a celebrity cruise ship called the centuary that was on its first cruise of norway and had come from the carribian, hence it wasnt reall kitted out applicably on deck! Oh and the ship sailed from amsterdam.

Still, when i was there i did see a very nice tuned dark green audi (old S2 i think, but not sure) and a bmw E36 with quite a nice bodykit, wheels, and a FUCKING loud exhaust.

This was our sailing timetable:
Amsterdam, The Netherlands --- 5:00 p.m.
2 At Sea --- ---
3 Flaam, Norway 7:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.
4 Olden, Norway 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.
5 Alesund, Norway 7:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.
6 Bergen, Norway 7:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.
7 At Sea --- ---
8 Amsterdam, The Netherlands 7:00 a.m. ---

It is a shame, since i came back i've learnt a lot more about you norweigen nutters, and i would have loved to have seen some of your tuned audi's, cossies or turbo'd M3's!! I friggin love em, as well as gatebill.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #11
espen
Regular User

I have to agree, bergen is very nice. It's not entirely untrue that we have a lot of rain here - but then when the sun comes out everyone goes wild and the city centre is crammed full of people. And scantly dressed norwegian girls, long summer evenings and the local beer "Hansa" go well togehter

However, I must say that going to Flåm without bringing a sturdy bike and doing the Rallarvei is... well I understand you are on a schedule, butyou really missed out on something. The road is a rough gravel road that starts at 1222 meters above sea level, rises a little and then falls to sea level in a couple of fast and intensive hours - if you are good and don't scare easily. Just strap your helmet on real tight

As for the car scene, things have really been picking up the last few years, particularly so now that we are close(ish) to getting a proper racetrack here. I have'nt seen the 1600hp S2 (unless Børges insane S2 project has gone completely mad) but we have a lot of 4wd turbo cars here in the 300 plus to 600 bracket. I've been organizing a few track meets here the last couple of years, and I'm always surprised to see the wonderful cars people drag out from dark garages on the west coast...
espen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:52 AM   #12
paradizzy
Regular User

Such a nice place to live. I really like Norway, I hope one day I'm going there.
paradizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #13
coombsie66
Regular User

Originally Posted by espen
I have to agree, bergen is very nice. It's not entirely untrue that we have a lot of rain here - but then when the sun comes out everyone goes wild and the city centre is crammed full of people. And scantly dressed norwegian girls, long summer evenings and the local beer "Hansa" go well togehter

However, I must say that going to Flåm without bringing a sturdy bike and doing the Rallarvei is... well I understand you are on a schedule, butyou really missed out on something. The road is a rough gravel road that starts at 1222 meters above sea level, rises a little and then falls to sea level in a couple of fast and intensive hours - if you are good and don't scare easily. Just strap your helmet on real tight

As for the car scene, things have really been picking up the last few years, particularly so now that we are close(ish) to getting a proper racetrack here. I have'nt seen the 1600hp S2 (unless Børges insane S2 project has gone completely mad) but we have a lot of 4wd turbo cars here in the 300 plus to 600 bracket. I've been organizing a few track meets here the last couple of years, and I'm always surprised to see the wonderful cars people drag out from dark garages on the west coast...
When we went to Flam we took the railway up the mountain, i was absolutely gutted when i saw the tracks for riding!! Im a keen mountain biker and they looked like some seriously good fun! Plus i could have got the train up there and just rode down!!! Still couldnt really take my bike on the cruise!