Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 02-26-2006, 06:16 PM   #1
felipe replies
Regular User

Default 2007 Rear Wheel Drive Hyundai Tiburon?

Something doesn't seem right here. Replacing a front wheel drive car with a rear wheel drive car seems too good to be true.

"Executive Senior Vice- President, Hyun Soon Lee, responded to the press eager questions with a surprising answer. "Yes, we are developing rear-wheel drive for the next sports car,"

"According to insiders, this rear-wheel drive sports machine will become the fourth-generation Tiburon, which is set to make a global debut sometime during 2007"

Anyone find any pictures?
felipe replies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

concidering they are also making a v8... they want a bigger chunk of the north american market IMO.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:25 PM   #3
Garretts_turbo
Regular User

wow....that'd be cool if they pulled it off...maybe it wouldnt be a girls car anymore
Old 02-26-2006, 09:51 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

I know... Hyundai is buyiing GM when they go bellyup... and the Corvette is being renamed the Hyundai Tiburon...

I mean Tiburon means "Shark"... right? I leave y'all to figure out the Corvette-shark relationship...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:11 AM   #5
AlienDB7
Regular User

Let's hope they didn't just swap the head and tail lights and have people driving backwards on the FWD car :roll:
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:14 PM   #6
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

wou know, i could get used to this whole "Hyundai making GOOD cars" thing. it just better not lookas bland as the sonata, or for that matter,t he rest of the hyundai lineup.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:09 AM   #7
AlienDB7
Regular User

Originally Posted by ferrarif1fan89
wou know, i could get used to this whole "Hyundai making GOOD cars" thing. it just better not lookas bland as the sonata, or for that matter,t he rest of the hyundai lineup.
The Sonata looks like the Honda Accord and the Tiburon looks like the Toyota Solara... oh wait, I think Toyota copied Hyundai on that one

So, if you want to know what the car looks like, just look around Hyundai's competitors, it's probably out there already! So perhaps the new Tiburon will look like a MR2 or something???
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote