Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 02-12-2006, 05:59 AM   #1
browney
Regular User

Default Last Monaro/GTO

Hi,

The last Holden Monaro (rebaged as the Pontiac GTO in the United States) is being acutioned on ebay in Australia. It is currently at AU $180,100.00. That's a lot of money for a $60 grand car!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=4611976689

Can't imagine anyone will ever get that back, even though it's the last one made (untill they decide to remove the rear doors off the next Commodore!). The money is going to charity though.
browney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 01:51 PM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
those Monaros (GTOs) are just sitting on dealer lots here in the US....no one wants them. they can be bought for HUGE discounts.
and they're still to expensive
it depends on what city you're in... they fly off the lots for some reason in Grand Blanc (very GM town) Grand Rapids, Brighton... but nearly not at all in other locations)

i'm actually seeing more on the road lately
Old 02-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #3
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
those Monaros (GTOs) are just sitting on dealer lots here in the US....no one wants them. they can be bought for HUGE discounts.
Is it not a good car?
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:50 PM   #4
browney
Regular User

I am suprised that it isn't selling well in the U.S. I thought it was the sort of car that they liked (powerfull rear wheel drive V8). I really don't like muscle cars (I like things to handle and preferable have two less wheels), but the reviews of it here are allways pretty positive.
browney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:02 PM   #5
Tyrone
Regular User

i am an aussie and the GTO is our icon here although i prefer German cars. I used to sell these cars in Fremantle Australia "Shacks Holden" there are bucket of bolts cheaply put together and the only people that buy these sort of cars are bogans and hill billies goose neck red necks from Boganville.

Shame though, bogans destroyed our aussie ICON.
Tyrone is offline   Reply With Quote