Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 12-22-2003, 02:05 PM   #1
godspeed06
Regular User

Default Infiniti G35?

okay depending on what country you live in, is the Infiniti G35 the same car as the new Nissan Skyline. if so, isn't this a big change from the old Skyline? when i look at the G35s running around my neighborhood, i dont think of a car that can run 700 hp on stock internals like the old Skyline. a supercar killer does not come to mind. has this pissed people off from other countries where the old Skyline was available?

just curious and ignorant.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 02:46 PM   #2
blah
Regular User

Its the Non GT-R Skyline.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:53 PM   #3
godspeed06
Regular User

so do they still make the GT-R Skyline?
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 02:55 PM   #4
sickx
Regular User

R-34 was the latest iteration, with rumors that a new fire-breathing GT-R is in the works. Stay tuned.

And yes, the G-35 coupe, while a gorgeous car, is porky. My driving impression was that while 280HP sounds nice, with all the weight it is carrying around, it fulls a tad cumbersome. Brakes are killer, and the handling is quite nice. As always, could use some more ponies...
sickx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 02:57 PM   #5
Zonda11
Regular User

I like the G35 coupe, but is it really supposed to be a skyline??

Zonda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 05:22 PM   #6
oldsnail
Regular User

Originally Posted by Zonda11
I like the G35 coupe, but is it really supposed to be a skyline??
it is a skyline, skyline also has 4 door sedans around the world. theere are many models ranging from differant power.
the skyline GT-R is imfamous and is featured in many movies. ie. fastandthefuriousf2.

the skyline GT-R has been using the same platform for the longest time, the 2.6L turbo. i heard nissan didnt have enough money to advance the engine, and all they could do to the R34 is enhance the body, interior, and internal components of the car. ie. larger rims, ground effects, computer enhancments. etc . and i think that is why renault is there.

i also saw in top gear that they said the VQ35 engine from the 350z, which is also featured in the altima, maxima, g35, g35 coupe, pathfinder, quest, qx4 and i35. is french. is that TRUE? i coudnt find much information on the renault sites.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:01 PM   #7
sickx
Regular User

Well, sure you could call the VQ French, as much as you could call Nissan French! After all, it is owned by the French.
I guess it's like calling a Toyota Camry made in Kentucky an American car...
Old 12-22-2003, 07:19 PM   #8
deth
Regular User

i think i remember reading somewhere that they arent even gonna call the R-35 a skyline, supposedly its just gonna be the GT-R.
Old 12-22-2003, 08:42 PM   #9
oldsnail
Regular User

Originally Posted by sickx
Well, sure you could call the VQ French, as much as you could call Nissan French! After all, it is owned by the French.
Renault (France) only owns 44.4 % of nissan
Old 12-23-2003, 05:59 AM   #10
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by deth
i think i remember reading somewhere that they arent even gonna call the R-35 a skyline, supposedly its just gonna be the GT-R.
Exactly, as far as I know, from now on what we always knew simply as Skyline will be called only GT-R. while Skyline now is become something more civilized
Old 12-23-2003, 01:17 PM   #11
blah
Regular User

Dont get ur nuts in a bunch about it, :southern accent on: us americans aint civil enuff fo no der damn GT-R Skylines, we only can hndle us some damn CoVettes. :southern accent off:
Old 12-23-2003, 02:56 PM   #12
sickx
Regular User

Originally Posted by oldsnail
Originally Posted by sickx
Renault (France) only owns 44.4 % of nissan
Ahhh, but 33.3% in Japan constitutes controlling interest. Therefore, Nissan="French owned and operated", in the same way that Mazda is owned and operated by Ford Motor Company out of Dearborn, MI.