Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 12-04-2005, 05:08 AM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default No Problem Raceway 12-3-05 (uploaded more, 12-4)

Today was the last SCCA event of 2005 at No Problem Raceway (aka Grand Bayou Circuit). According to my coworker last week, there was a healthy Ferrari turn out and he was able to get a ride in an Enzo, so there was no way i was going to miss out on this Turnout was really low, and none of the cars were Ferraris But there were still some nice rides out there

On my way to the track i had to take the Basin Bridge (I-10 between Baton Rouge and Lafayette for about 15-20miles over samp and river)

Track Map:

Into turn 1, the Formula Mazdas were doing about 115mph and only one was taking it flat out. The Spec Miatas were taking it about 85-90mph and the older Porsches I think were a little faster than that. Turns 1 and 14 were the only places to watch the race. 1 was the best place to see the whole track and really hear the cars sream up on you at speed, while Turn 14 gave you great down track view of the action on turns 9-13.

GT3 Cup Car

This car had in incredible fight from the back of the pack after spinning on the start and losing about 20 seconds to the Dodge Viper GTS GT World Cup (#44, it's been on Speedvision a few times). Each heat is only about 10 laps and when the checkerd flag dropped, he had pulled along side the Viper. It was a hell of a drive, and the sound from that Porsche was just We're talking about a full on orchestra/choir ensamble of the Porsche compared to the Death Metal growl of a band like Dimmu Borgir with the Viper

the Viper:

shots of the battle from turn 14. there were about 4 laps i didn't catch just because the gap was pointless to try and catch it :bah:

first, the grid:

the Porsche and Viper are on the far left

I don't know why, but they were waving the green in turn 10 instead of at the Start/Finish, which is why the Porsche was in a position to spin.

Right here, the Viper has covered about 100ft on the front straight.

lap 3, this is kinda where i stopped chronicholing the battle since the Porsche had gotten buy the Corvettes somehere around turn 3 or 4 and just ran away

Lap 7

I missed the shot on lap 8 when he was on the Viper's ass and slid from the apex at 14, onto the straight as if it was nothing The Viper's torque gave it the edge it needed on the straights to keep the Porsche at bay though, but i think he shat himself at the finish line when he looked over and saw the GT3 alongside him

I'm going to bed now and will post more tomorrow(its 3am here)

I've got a Lotus Esprit and some really old Porsche, so stay tuned

Porsche Targa that was in the paddock with the GT3, didn't race.

Lots of other older Porches:

on the bumper of multicolored one:

The oldest Porsche there, but wasn't racing:

Lotus Esprit:

Alfa Romeo GTV6 :shock: (Alfas are a bitch to spot in the US)

i got some shots of the Formula Mazdas at turn 1, they came out alright, but aren't all that exciting. i need to get that shell uploader. This is a pain in the ass

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 02:43 PM   #2
Pehtren
Regular User

nice day you had, the starting grind in the right its kinda old and the lefts its new

thanks for the pics and stuff
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:20 PM   #3
sentra_dude

Nice, that interstate over the swamps is a good place to go the speed limit, if you know what I mean.

Sounds like a lot of fun, and some nice cars, too bad about the Ferrari's not showing up. Hmm, interesting about the lap record (I assume that's what that was), I thought it was set by the Ferrari F1 car that was there last year, maybe that wasn't official...but without him trying very hard it was under a minute if I remember correctly.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:23 PM   #4
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
Nice, that interstate over the swamps is a good place to go the speed limit, if you know what I mean.

Sounds like a lot of fun, and some nice cars, too bad about the Ferrari's not showing up. Hmm, interesting about the lap record (I assume that's what that was), I thought it was set by the Ferrari F1 car that was there last year, maybe that wasn't official...but without him trying very hard it was under a minute if I remember correctly.
I think those were for official sanctioned events.

Old 12-04-2005, 09:30 PM   #5
ZfrkS62
Regular User

more pics posted. There were alot more 944 era Porches. I can post some others if anyone wants to see them. Pics of the Corvettes too (C2,3 and 4)

Old 12-05-2005, 03:56 AM   #6
ae86_16v
Regular User

Thanks for the write up and the pics!!!

God, the Lotus Esprit still looks amazing after all these years!
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:58 AM   #7
Pehtren
Regular User

nice pics, i like the black lotus espirit

thanks for update
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote