Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-28-2005, 01:32 PM   #16
Just_me
Regular User

Originally Posted by evoWALO
I like the E60. It looks remarkably different from the E39 I saw parked in front of the store a few days ago. What I didnt like is the fact that it broke easily under Jeza & Stig's driving. For the money I'd want a more sturdy car.
So you making a judgment after TG episode. Its a preproduction car and a presscar. There was a few problems on the first cars but they have been fixed. This are always some problems in the beginning so maybe you should wait a year before you buy one But no owner had any diff exploison, I think its far more important that the cars people are buying are reliable than those in presses. But there are like 100 carreviews of the new M5, I only heard TP having problems so far.

I hope you dont live in UK, 2 years waiting-list. :shock:

PS the car has 200 voice commands so dont need to fix with M-drive all the time.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:10 PM   #17
evoWalo
Regular User

The M5's positioned for people Jeza's age... Maybe in a decade or two. Jeza has a tendency to exagerate problems. The diff exploding might just be the diff wearing out too soon.

Where I live I could get a M5 as soon as they ship it. I'm guessing BMW allocates an X number of M5s per country irregardless of economic standing. Like one fellow got his car a few weeks before the 5th gear review. I also saw the 5th gear review and I am mighty impressed.

200 voice commands are great... if it can follow my weird Filipino accent.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:30 PM   #18
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by evoWALO
The M5's positioned for people Jeza's age... Maybe in a decade or two. Jeza has a tendency to exagerate problems. The diff exploding might just be the diff wearing out too soon.

Where I live I could get a M5 as soon as they ship it. I'm guessing BMW allocates an X number of M5s per country irregardless of economic standing. Like one fellow got his car a few weeks before the 5th gear review. I also saw the 5th gear review and I am mighty impressed.

200 voice commands are great... if it can follow my weird Filipino accent.
U would think why they don't make speech recongition like the ones in cellphone, regardless ur accent or language, u can still get the correct name. I bet the owners don't mind recording the commands manually.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:55 PM   #19
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ghostbat
Besides, the CLS really is inherently compromised anyway. The idea/concept was excellent, however it didn't translate well into the end product because of the base platform it was applied on.

Yes, I do know it may just be my opinion, but I still stand by my opinion that if the CLS concept was applied on a larger platform (the S-class for example), it would have become a modern classic, as opposed to just "quirky".
Luckily it's pretty much just you that think so.. Room for four people better comfort than the M5 and equally fast. Like Clarkson said "It's Epic" the 1-series on the other hand is rather "quirky"
Why does everyone feel the need to take a shot at my car? It's not even on topic.

I pray that one day a 130i will leave you guys looking like you were standing still at the lights (and the guy in the boxster as well), so that you could all just shut up.

Oh, and the CLS having better comfort than an M5? It seems to me that you haven't even been inside of one. I am not exaggerating when I say that there is even less space in the rear seats of the CLS than there is in the 1-series... and the 1-series is a small hatchback with rear wheel drive!

AND... the CLS isn't faster than the M5. Not even close. A second a lap slower on a flying lap on Hockenheim? That's the difference between Renault and Minardi matey.

Besides... if the CLS was THAT epic, then why wasn't Clarkson hinting about buying one instead of the M5 he hates?

Hell... apparently, the CLS is soooo epic that everybody on the boards stopped talking about it just around a month after its release.

And why isn't there a two-year waiting list on the CLS in the UK? Why is it that they're even offering DISCOUNTS on the CLS???

Why? I'll tell you why... because it was a poorly executed concept. Full stop.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:57 PM   #20
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Sir_GT
... but a lot of the official times are done while the ring is closed off to the public.
Correction - ALL of the "official" times are done on closed days. Whether pool days or private sessions.

How else would be able to do flying lap..
I wasn't absolutely sure of that, that's why I didn't say it.