Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 06-23-2005, 08:16 PM   #1
SVT-SRT
Regular User

Default Viper SRT Commemorative Edition

I like em!

SVT-SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:27 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

Holy crap you moved this quickly...

I was trying to type a "this topic is gonna be move" - but by the time I posted... it was gone...

Anywhoo - nice group of cars - except the Neon, I wish that thing would just die already....
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:55 PM   #3
Fpedro

Originally Posted by RC45
Holy crap you moved this quickly...

I was trying to type a "this topic is gonna be move" - but by the time I posted... it was gone...
Old 06-24-2005, 03:32 AM   #4
exhausted mules
Regular User

the viper was actually the car to brought me into the automotive world. back then, the car was furious, angry and seemed to have one perpous and one perpous only, to go fast. its ways low. hard lines, bulbous curnes. those fender flares, the doors sills, that front grill... oh that grill. it was agressive and meaning full.

now, its lighter, more powerful, handles better and probably more reliable at that...

but now, it looks like a garden snake that's too small to bite you because it can't get its mouth around the tip of your finger...

the lines dont flow, you have organic with mechanical and the whole car seems off.

bring back the old viper styling or take a cue from the europeans and create an entirely new car with an entirely new idea. dont dwell on the old... there's a reason why european cars have soul.
exhausted mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 04:04 PM   #5
racer_f50
Regular User

lol, i like how it says the viper is the benchmark of high performance cars
sure it has a huge engine, but that alone doesn't make it a good car. same with the high lateral G's. Sure they're nice, but without a well setup suspension, its tough to really take this "benchmark" claim too seriously.

I do love the Viper and Ram SRT10's, though I'm not big on that color scheme. They should've at least upped the power a little bit instead of just painting it.
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 05:06 PM   #6
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by racer_f50
lol, i like how it says the viper is the benchmark of high performance cars
sure it has a huge engine, but that alone doesn't make it a good car. same with the high lateral G's. Sure they're nice, but without a well setup suspension, its tough to really take this "benchmark" claim too seriously.

I do love the Viper and Ram SRT10's, though I'm not big on that color scheme. They should've at least upped the power a little bit instead of just painting it.
The only benchmark it can claim is the shortest stopping distance claim. It did record a shorter stopping distance from 70 than either a CGT or Enzo but that may mean nothing since it was done on different surfaces.

As for the color changing chameleon Viper program, its sad. They keep repainting the damn car different colors instead of giving it what it needs...Lower weight and more power. With that new Z06 coming why the hell would anyone buy an 85-90k Viper that will probably be beaten by a 10-20k cheaper Vette? DC just doesnt make sence. And that FrankenViper Coupe thats comming out is rumered to be the same power level as the convertable and "HEAVIER"..Geniuses at DC...Looks like at least for now the Vette has taken back the "King of the Hill" status..I like Viper and Vette both. Just didnt expect to see DC roll over and play dead at the first serious attack from GM.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:44 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

Actually the offical US racing colours are White - special edition Vipers have always carried the white paint
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote