Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 12-27-2004, 02:07 PM   #31
red bullet
Regular User

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
Damn, that's powerfull :shock: :shock: :shock:

What do you mean since the 1.5 V6 Turbo engines, did those develop 1000 hp, or what...
1000hp...try 1300hp for BMW engines in qualifying.

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I heard that this was the objective for the 2005 season. Is interesting, but kinda strange since the engines must last up to a couple of races. BTW, I thought BMW was the most powerful engines in the F1 grid.
Funny, I thought Toyota had the most powerful engines.

Its amazing how much power they are producing now...almost 1000hp from 3.0L N/A...most cars couldn't imagine getting that much even with a turbo-charger.

Hopefully the Honda engine will be more reliable than it has been in the past. I wonder what some of the other engines on the grid are producing.
Honda, Toyota, BMW and Ferrari have the most powerful F1-engines at the moment. Who has the most powerful engine is not known, since no constructor gives exact details on the BHP-output of their engines. The topteams will probably reach 1000bhp in 2005, but they won't be able to enjoy it much, since there will be a power dropback with the V8's in 2006.

A normal car can't get the power output of a turbo or an atmospheric engine, since the stroke and bore are totally different. If a normal turbo-aspired engine has the same rpm's of an f1 it would tons of bhp's too, but not when they only have a third of F1's rpm's.
red bullet is offline   Reply With Quote