Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 11-18-2004, 08:30 AM   #16
dons5
Regular User

Well i personally think that maybe, maybe Alonso might be ahead in early part of season just because you know hes been with the team a while etc etc, but i think by 3rd-5th race of the season Fisi should be up to speed and at the exact same level as Alonso if not, higher. I personally think this year is the year where the world will find out just exactly how good Fisichella and Alonso are. I think that Trulli on his days was barely slower then Alonso and sometimes could keep up and be a lil faster, but he was inconsistent. I think Fisico is better then Trulli. So if Trulli got that close then in my view things are looking good for Fisi. Remember in 04 Fisi first 2-3 races was overdriving car, too excited maybe and letting Massa look better then he really was. But then when he settled in he was really outperforming him especially over a race. I rate Massa super higly still though possible future world champ.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:19 PM   #17
FerrariKiller
Regular User

Zsolt Baumgartner will stay on with Minardi. http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/14193/

long live the moose
FerrariKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:42 AM   #18
dons5
Regular User

Bruni's pretty good actually, I think he was better then Zsolt, too many retirements and problems with the car for us to really judge though
Old 12-03-2004, 02:59 AM   #19
dons5
Regular User

lol so the only time Zsolt outqualified Bruni was when Bruni didnt qualify? lol i dont think they both suck i actually think Brunis pretty good, even the commentators said it.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:05 AM   #20
dons5
Regular User

lol im not saying the only reason why I think Bruni is good is cause the commentators say it, i saw it the way he drove, he was almost always ahead of zsolt during the races, whats Minardis lineup this year?? Isnt Bruni staying and there not sure for the teammate or am i wrong?
Old 12-23-2004, 11:46 PM   #21
sameerrao
Regular User

One of the Minardi rides is locked up - Christijan Albers from DTM

source: www.itv-f1.com

ALBERS UNVEILED BY MINARDI
Last Updated: Thursday, 23, December, 2004, 19:24

Christijan Albers will drive for Minardi in 2005, the team has confirmed.

Albers was formally unveiled by his new team at an Amsterdam press conference at lunchtime on Thursday.

Team boss Paul Stoddart said: “We are very pleased to be able to announce Christijan as one of our two race drivers for 2005.

“He has always been a naturally quick driver, but it is clear there is now an added maturity and focus with that speed.

"In short, we believe he is absolutely ready for Formula 1, and we fully expect him to surprise a few people this coming season, particularly since Minardi also has ambitious plans.

"From a personal point of view, it is very gratifying to see a number of Dutch companies getting behind a talented young driver in order to help him take that final, and most difficult, step to the highest level of motor racing.

"Knowing Christijan as I do, I’m certain he will reward the faith placed in him.”

The 25-year-old has raced in German touring cars for the past four years but has always wanted to return to single-seaters.

He has tested for both Minardi and Jordan in the past six weeks. He was also Minardi's reserve driver in 2001 and 2002.

The identity of Albers' team-mate is still undecided - but Stoddart hinted recently that he would like to give 2004 driver Zsolt Baumgartner a second chance.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote