Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 11-18-2004, 06:36 AM   #1
TopGearNL
Regular User

Default Minardi is moving, back next year and maybe big future plans

:arrow: The Formula 1 Team Minardi is moving from their current base in England To Italy, as a result of that Minardi is having a massive sale and auction

The inclusion of the Minardi F1 two-seater passenger rides is certain to add a further level of interest to this major auction, which commences today in Ledbury. Star attractions among the 6,000 lots will undoubtedly be the 40 modern F1 cars on offer, including chassis from Tyrrell, BAR, Jordan, Arrows, Brabham and, of course, Minardi. Those without the budget to buy their own Grand Prix car should not despair, however, as this is an auction with something for every F1 fan, including racewear, car components, team clothing, models, books, and much more.

:arrow: GOOD news Minardi has got and managed to get engines for the Formula 1 2005 season, its the Cosworth TJ Engine

:arrow: Stoddart and the flying Dutchmen

Paul Stoddart© The Cahier ArchiveThe idea of an all-Dutch team at Minardi is nothing new. It has been floating around since the summer - but that does not mean it is going to happen. It is all a question of money and if the three Dutch drivers being mentioned: veteran Jos Verstappen, Christjian Albers and Robert Doornbos can come up with the backing from companies such as Trust then they will be well-positioned to get the drive. But Stoddart is not working on promises alone. The money has got to be in the bank before he signs anyone and as happened last year it will be a question of first-come, first-served.

Stoddart says that the team is talking to a whole bunch of drivers and will test a handful in the weeks ahead but when it comes done to signing deals it will be the man with the most money who gets the job - unless the team lands a major sponsor which will give him the freedom to choose his drivers. This is always possible but remains unlikely as there is always competition for money and some of the bigger teams can lure sponsors away.

Maybe some people disagree with me but without these low budget teams like Minardi and Jordan there will be less talents coming into Formula 1 since it is so hard to get good Sponsors when your new, example for instance is Fernando Alonso, started with Minardi, learned alot, I think he will be a winner for the future, the step to a good Formula 1 team like Ferrari, BMW etc etc is impossible, we need those teams, really we do
TopGearNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:45 AM   #2
possessed_beaver
Regular User

i wish Minardi would get compedative, but unfortunatley i don't see that happing, they are kinda a pre-school for drivers, mechanics technitions ect.

as soon as they develop some tallent that could get them competive a bigger team buys them out.
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:50 AM   #3
assbyte
Regular User

Originally Posted by possessed_beaver
i wish Minardi would get compedative, but unfortunatley i don't see that happing, they are kinda a pre-school for drivers, mechanics technitions ect.

as soon as they develop some tallent that could get them competive a bigger team buys them out.

i remember they used Alex Yoong from malaysia a year ago. man he sucked, when i watch the races and i though he had a broken car and to go to the pit stop, but how knows thats his lap time for every lap. :roll:

I am a huge fan of drifting. IMHO, its more exciting than street drag race.
assbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:52 AM   #4
possessed_beaver
Regular User

Originally Posted by assbyte
Originally Posted by possessed_beaver

i remember they used Alex Yoong from malaysia a year ago. man he sucked, when i watch the races and i though he had a broken car and to go to the pit stop, but how knows thats his lap time for every lap. :roll:
i killed myself laughing watching qualifying this year, when one of the Minardi drivers acidentley turned on the pit speed limiter during a qualifying lap!

i spose you have to understand all the presure he is under, and that his job aint easy, but it's funny for us!
Old 11-20-2004, 04:18 PM   #5
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Minardi is necessary for F1... and the small teams as Jordan as well... Is what Mosley says: F1 should be a championship of small companies instead of a championship of multinational official car companies. And I agree completely. Alonso entered F1 thanks to Minardi, Schumacher thanks to Jordan, Fisichella and Trulli thanks to Minardi...
You can read my mind, you really can

Your absolutely right, how big is a chance that men (or boys) just like Klien have a major sponsor behind them, in this case Red-Bull to enter formula 1, not big
TopGearNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 04:05 AM   #6
possessed_beaver
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Minardi is necessary for F1... and the small teams as Jordan as well... Is what Mosley says: F1 should be a championship of small companies instead of a championship of multinational official car companies. And I agree completely. Alonso entered F1 thanks to Minardi, Schumacher thanks to Jordan, Fisichella and Trulli thanks to Minardi...
i agree, but i dont agree that F1 should only have small companys in it,

beacuse that goes against what formula 1 basicley is, a big fancy road show, with enourmous amounts of money spent on it!