Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-18-2004, 11:43 PM   #31
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Let me see.

Insurance in Toronto is sky high! In no way is it comparible to the States. Its a rip off on a major scale. Maybe your US license and status will give you cheaper license. But for me. A new driver first car(shit box) I get quoted about 3100$ a year.

Rent. You can find good deals and bad deals. If you want a 1 bedroom you can find good places very cheap.

Gas. Dont know, dont drive.

Food is cheap. Especialy in ChinaTown

Wages......it all depends. Canadians get high wages, immigrants get low. No one wants to pay, but considering your field of expertiese I think you'll get payed well. As long as its a serious company ran by Canadians or Americas. My father is an RF Engineer and he worked for two russian ran(bosses being russian) companies which simply dont want to pay

The public transportation is good.

Everything McDonalds is smaller in size then in America. Our extra large fries are like American small........

The good thing is that there is no violence. You can walk the city at 3am and not get into any trouble.

THe bad thing is that everysecond young guy is high.

Another bad thing is that 50% of people in Toronto dont speak english.

The city is very culturaly diverse. Its good because there are people here from every single country in the world.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 01:06 AM   #32
Toronto
Regular User

canada is good, you can always go to the doctor for free , then again taxes are rather high, but alot of people with "landed" status don't pay income tax (trust me ),

and eating out at resturants (fast food and sit down) is the same price as it is in the states (but in canadian, so after you do the math it is cheaper in canada)

very sexy ladies (more in montreal )
if you win the lottery you don't pay taxes on it
people talk to other poeple,

Toronto is a very good place to live, very easy city to get around, winters arn't all that bad, yet montreal is cheaper but 60% of the people there are french.

as for houses, if you leave just out side of the city, in york region they can range from 500,000-3,000,000CDN but most with small lot sizes, try and stay above finch and you can find many 4bedroom 2car houses in the 650,000-850,000CDN range

toronto is a very good place to raise kids, lots of places to take them, many people from different parts of the world, you can be grindin at caribana (don't know how to spell it) then walking in a greek food fest the next weekend, wounderland is great for kids and teens, NY is a short drive away (less then 2 depends on how you drive), montreal 6, cottage country 45min-1hour, downtown from anypart of down 30min, unless you are are far east or west (not near the subway then 45min) o ya the subway, it is 3 lines you can't get lost 8)
Old 08-19-2004, 09:56 AM   #33
TransAm
Regular User

Thanks for all your info guys, I'll let you know if I get an interview (I applied for the job)

It's in Toronto by the way, but I'll commute in - I'm a country sorta person really!

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:14 PM   #34
Stikz
Regular User

If you live above Finch, at least 50% of the people are Chinese. Pretty good restaurants up there.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote