Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-26-2004, 04:51 AM   #16
dingo
Regular User

^ I also enjoyed the good result for Webber....that move on Trulli had me worried as i thought Trulli might not see him and drive into the side of Webbers car.
The battle between Button and Alonso was sensational, just wish there was more of it. It was a funny sight seeing Button driving around with one hand on his helmet, looked like he had a sore head.
It would have been nice if Montoya didn't start so poorly and Kimi didn't retire so that there could've been more of a battle for the win.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:20 AM   #17
aks
Regular User

it was a disappointing race for me. Räikkönen crashed, and Barrichello came 12th!! Räikkönen crashing was the worse part , but before this race Barrichello was the only driver to have made the podium every race. his run is now ruined, that really sux for him.

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:38 AM   #18
mindgam3
Regular User

It was a particuarly easy race for schumacher after kimi crashed, if he hadnt I think kimi would've been in with a good chance of a win considering th pace and determination he had shown.

Good race for the brits, especially for button. I agree with ITV - driver of the race. Coulthard could've clinched 3rd but slowed off the pace on the last few laps.

Webber n alonso also had great races - especially as webber finished ahead of pizzonia after all the disputing between jaguar and williams.

Avergae race for montoya, could've done better considering he started from 2nd.

But as sammareo says, if kimi hadnt have had the rear wing failure and button hadn't got knocked back 10 places, to me they would've been in with a great chance of a win and i dont think we would've seen a shumi 1st. All ifs n buts tho....

Great race overall
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:52 AM   #19
aks
Regular User

one thing good to see is that the McLaren's are back and as competitive as ever. as long as Räikkönen doesn't have to retire Schumacher has his work cut out for him, the rest of the season is gonna be good

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 08:37 AM   #20
he7lius
Regular User

I think Mclaren and BAR wasted a very good opportunity to beet the Ferrari's.
The good news is that it seems they are starting to get very very close to them and they might take them in Hungary where traction is vital.

I think Renault is also starting to look good but as ever very inconsistent
Cant' wait for the next race.
he7lius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 09:33 AM   #21
sau_mathur
Regular User

What a drive by Jenson Button...!!!!! U can say what u want that maybe he cud have won it if he hadnt had that engine change, hence the 10 places drop. But Schumi won again...most consistent.!!! Good on him..!!

how awesome was raikkonen's crash..!!!! i was watching the race and i was like..WHOA the bloody thing just tore off like a piece of rag!!! hectic..!!

but yeah..regarding the halting of tech dev by ferrari, im a little scared of that..!@!! cos bloody mclaren and bar are developing and getting better (getting to a ferrari level) so i reckon they shud do some more engine/aero testing to make their cars even faster.
sau_mathur is offline   Reply With Quote