Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-02-2004, 08:22 PM   #1
fabro_s
Regular User

Default Schumacher or Senna??????

I have a lot of respect for Schumacher I think he has donde an axcellent work and makes me a big fan for F1 and Ferrari, but I actually think Senna has been the greatest (RIP), what do you think???????

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:01 PM   #2
PATo355
Regular User

Schumacher has broken all senna records at the same age , so i think its better

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 02:00 AM   #3
yg60m
Regular User

I think it is not a question of statistics.
First, Senna had to confront a lot of exceptional drivers : Prost (4 titles), Mansell (1 title), Piquet (3 titles) and so on ....
Second, engines were very less reliable and they had to watch their consumption because they could be out of fuel.
Third, Senna's pole position's record is not yet felt.
Forth, Schumacher raced more than Senna ( 161 GP for Senna, more than 200 for Schumacher )

So, numbers are not the only thing to look at.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:00 AM   #4
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

wait I didnt think he had broken the poles record yet...maybe I'm wrong

I like senna better because I think he drove the car harder and more competively than anyone will ever be able to do again..and I liked his style and personality better...BUT, I think schumacher is not as wreckless and he would win in a race today, if senna were still alive, and if they were both driving the same car...but it would be a different story if the track were wet..
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 02:09 AM   #5
goose93
Regular User

I think if Senna had not died prematurely it would be a mute point. His records would be much higher than they are.

Hard call, I will still vote for Michael. He continues to raise the bar of competition for the other drivers arouond him. The ability to do this and still continue to be dominant is very special.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:56 PM   #6
MB300E87
Regular User

micheal is just kinda sterile. no real personality that stands out. hes like a corporate driver. i don't doubt his talent at all of course. one could argue hes the best ever. but hes more machine than man. Senna, THATS a driver.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:50 PM   #7
rachaderua

humm i would say without thinking that Senna is the better...to affirme that my thought is good, when was the last time schumacher overtook someone in the track, and not int he pits as he does every race when everyone goes to the pits and 3 laps before him to go he makes that fast laps and pass everyone....

when was the last time he passed someone with agression and reckless? .................................................. .................................................. ............................................

still cant remember....Senna did this many many times in the races...even being fast before going to pits, he was fast while at the battle, and not in the bathroom.

And if a driver is claimmed the best, it can be not just because of his talent, but more because of his car. This is the case of schumi...if some people given him and every driver in F1 same cars, at a chalenging track, would he be the first at all? i guess no

"My paradise is not a warm beach, but an empty racetrack."
rachaderua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:14 PM   #8
SPAD
Regular User

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP MAKING THESE THREADS!!!!!.WE WILL NEVER KNOW WHO IS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT!

no hard feelings
Old 07-03-2004, 11:19 PM   #9
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPAD
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP MAKING THESE THREADS!!!!!.WE WILL NEVER KNOW WHO IS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT!

no hard feelings

Well i guess you are right ... we will never know ..

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 09:32 PM   #10
chipanggo
Regular User

yup we will never know. they are both among the greatest but to say who is better among the two is impossible.
chipanggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 12:52 AM   #11
nthfinity
Regular User

well, as i used to watch Senna in my young and stupid days, and i currently watch M.S.

I think its somewhat safer to compare Prost with M. Shumacher, as once he's in the lead, its easy to tell that he backs off somewhat.

Senna was quite different, he was almost always fast... dangerous, but amazing.

i dont want to take anytying away from the fact that M. Shumacher is possibly the best driver alive/ever.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:41 AM   #12
tanelvali
Regular User

Senna is definately GREATER. I am Schumi fan forever, but consider in what conditions Senna drove? Cars were in no way secure in crashes awful risks were taken in each corner. high speed crash resulted almost always in injuries or even death (remember Hakkinen crash? And Sennas.. Schumi is great, but Senna is.. greatER
tanelvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 12:55 PM   #13
SPAD
Regular User

the risks were higher yes but that that does not matter much. schumi drove in the same conditions as senna.They both have talents that u can say make them better.All we can really say is that schumi is the greatest driver in f1 right now,and if u dont agree,read a book or watch an f1 race.Even after watching senna i still dont think he has overcome half of the challenges m.s has,but who is to say Senna would not have over come them aswell.The f1 rule book has changed because of m.s. and he still kick every ones ass.Senna had better competors though so that evens it out i guess.IMO M.S. for the reason that he was competitive no matter wat team he was driving for and he was beating Senna in a slower car and with way less experience,and the reason his car was eventually good enough to dominate was because of scumi.

all i have left to say is differnt drivers differnt challenges.

We will never know.............

This is the last time i will compare senna to any one.Just leave it alone
Old 07-05-2004, 01:59 PM   #14
graywolf624
Regular User

all i have left to say is differnt drivers differnt challenges
Exactly. I would think that both drivers would win their share of races against the other, but each ran a different type of car/race.
The world will never know.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote