Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 06-22-2004, 09:07 AM   #16
TT
Regular User

Last addition about my opinion on the game since I just completed the story mode

Well... in short... it's short

Today is the official release date and I already completed it GTA with its side missions is way better from that point of view. Driv3r is very straight forward, no side mission at all, ence short...

Only two missions are a bit of a challenge to tell the truth one of them beeing the last one obviously were you have to fight tons of enemies (wich cause also many slowing down, frame rate-wise...).. with some hardcore play you can complete it in a day, max two

But I don't care, I would rate it a good 8/10 on my personal scale because for sure I will still play a lot in "free drive" mode to unlock the secret cars and just to discover all the nice places
Old 06-22-2004, 09:33 AM   #17
yg60m
Regular User

I am really in the move to buy it but i was waiting more reviews. It seems that you like it so i will maybe buy it soon
Old 06-22-2004, 09:35 AM   #18
TT
Regular User

The most important point: don't take your expectations to high if Driv3r got some VERY BAD reviews it's just because ppl (as always), were expecting God knows what... that's pretty dumb IMO

Did you play GTA3 or GTA VC Yann? or the two previous Drivers?
Old 06-22-2004, 09:47 AM   #19
yg60m
Regular User

Yes, i played them and i adore all these games, lot of fun !!! Unfortunatly with my 2 childs i haven't a lot of time to play now and my PS2 is in a box since several month now But maybe Driv3R will be the occasion to get it out .... before GT4 of course
Old 07-02-2004, 09:40 PM   #20
T-Bird
Regular User

I got the game a few days ago and now I'm stuck on the damn mission where you have to get that cop from the restaurant I can't ever stop the damn car or if I do I have like no life left and as soon as I get out the car either me or the other guy dies. Other than that it's a decent game atleast worth a Rental if your skeptical. It has a somewhat enjoyable roaming mode.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:14 PM   #21
fabro_s
Regular User

Driv3er is already out?????????????? the graphics look excelenttt...

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:15 PM   #22
T-Bird
Regular User

trust me those pictures don't do it justice BTW I have the Xbox version. how bout you TT?
Old 07-03-2004, 05:07 AM   #23
TT
Regular User

I have the PS2 version since I own 2 PS2 (a NTSC and a PAL), 1 Gamecube (NSTC/PAL) but not that BIG monster with the green thing on it

BTW, although finished since a while and although I have Riding Spirits II to finish, I still go around the cities in free roaming mode

I think I did the mistake to use a walkthrough to kill the 30 Timmi and find the 9 cars... if you don't use any help, I'm sure the game will last months
Old 07-03-2004, 12:39 PM   #24
T-Bird
Regular User

It sure is taking a while to beat the damn game I'm now on the mission where you have to escape the wharehouse and I get out after figuring out the forklift was the key, instead of staking the boxes, but I die when I get to the building on top of the hill. :x
Old 07-03-2004, 01:23 PM   #25
TT
Regular User

LOL the damn forklit.. I tried to pile up the boxes for a while but it seemed impossible then I tried to understood what to do with the forklift that would take less time and got it but damn tricky indeed