Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 05-21-2004, 05:04 AM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Gene Rally, in case somebody missed it back in its days!

Have you ever heard of it? It is a little racing game developped by a private team.. very light, 3D with funny graphic, various cars and a track editor!

That mean that not only there were hundreads of tracks available, but you can make your own ones!

Just a sample pic

I spent tons of hours with it! it's addicting, you can change the skill level of every PC opponent, the number of cars on track, you can even put a monster truck against an F1 or rally car and so on

Sadly there is no more official site as far as I can see..

But with a search on google I found various sites were you can download it

http://www.free-games-zone.com/game.php?ig=147 for instance

No idea wich version it is. I have 1.02 I think and worked great. I remember the rally car was not built in the first versions and it came just as a patch, but maybe one of the latter versions got it "stock"
With the base installer you will get just a few track, but if somebody wants some more, I have 251 of them for a total of 9 MB that I can send to you.. some are crap, but most of them are great fun

I'm sure many of you already heard and played it, but wanted to be sure for the others
Old 05-21-2004, 07:23 AM   #2
Evo
Regular User

That is a great game TT.. I can't stop playing..
I just downloaded 2 drag tracks ..lol