Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 02-16-2004, 06:26 PM   #31
sickx
Regular User

Originally Posted by The359
The Lightning truck concept in 2003 was 450hp, but it had a "Supercooler" or something like that, which acted a bit like NO2, injecting supercooled air into the engine for a boost of 50hp for a few seconds to help in acceleration. But like I said, that only lasts a few seconds, so other then that, the truck will only be pushing 450hp.
Screw the 'supercooler' boost-thing... we're talking light mods to the blower pully and the like... and HP-per-$ for modifications. Give me forced air anyday.
Unless, of course, you don't mod your vehicles...then shame on you.
sickx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 06:09 PM   #32
lambo4levi
Regular User

I dont know about you guys but i am a fan of a few things Dodge has produced.
1st All their vipers
2nd 2002 Dodge turbo diesel
3rd SRT-10 Viper and i would like to play with that truck for a day

but anyway the new styling of the trucks are like crap and its like riding around in a lumber wagon, my dad bought the 2002 fully loaded and then we went n test drove the fully loaded 2003-04' when it came out and dodge certainly outdid itself with the 2002 model. I have yet to see the SRT-10 Ram in person but most of he reviews i have seen seem to tell me the truck is not all that bad.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:46 PM   #33
sickx
Regular User

Originally Posted by lambo4levi
I dont know about you guys but i am a fan of a few things Dodge has produced.
1st All their vipers
2nd 2002 Dodge turbo diesel
3rd SRT-10 Viper and i would like to play with that truck for a day

but anyway the new styling of the trucks are like crap and its like riding around in a lumber wagon, my dad bought the 2002 fully loaded and then we went n test drove the fully loaded 2003-04' when it came out and dodge certainly outdid itself with the 2002 model. I have yet to see the SRT-10 Ram in person but most of he reviews i have seen seem to tell me the truck is not all that bad.
Keep in mind that HD trucks are going to have a bone-jarring ride (unless loaded down) because they are designed to haul heavy objects. The muscle trucks have very different suspension tuning because they are designed to haul...other things.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:06 PM   #34
ibetipsy
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
American stupidity at its finest!
As a RAM owner i beg to differ, A) the 20s really helped my trucks handling B) if mite be stupid but i love smoking BIG RIMS C) if that STUPID then im happy being a MORON D) u wanna know how much i love the idea of high powered pickups? i regularly struggle with parking a 22ft long 8.5ft wide truck in SI, Brooklyn, and Manhattan. Theres something about a powerful truck that NOTHING can replace
Old 02-25-2004, 03:09 AM   #35
bowtie502
Regular User

The Ram is bad theres not doubt about it in my mind, but when you hear Viper you think high 11's low 12's stock, the srt-10 is fast ... for a truck but for the price and the hype of it all i think dodge really REALLY needs to put it on a diet, the truck weighs close to 5100lbs, c'mon, who tries to make something that heavy fast, lose some weight and it will become faster by the minute.. its too heavy, period. 8)
One thing that bothered me if the hood, looks awsome.... but its a faker, NOT Functional! thats just dumb what is this ... a v6 mustang?
Old 02-25-2004, 02:56 PM   #36
sickx
Regular User

Originally Posted by bowtie502
The Ram is bad theres not doubt about it in my mind, but when you hear Viper you think high 11's low 12's stock, the srt-10 is fast ... for a truck but for the price and the hype of it all i think dodge really REALLY needs to put it on a diet, the truck weighs close to 5100lbs, c'mon, who tries to make something that heavy fast, lose some weight and it will become faster by the minute.. its too heavy, period. 8)
One thing that bothered me if the hood, looks awsome.... but its a faker, NOT Functional! thats just dumb what is this ... a v6 mustang?
American rice at it's finest...or would that be "wheat"?
Old 02-27-2004, 05:34 PM   #37
number77
Regular User

the hood is fake?? what a jip, if i paid that much i would like it to work, lol. have they started selling them yet?, cause i saw one about 4 weeks ago, looked nice on the road. the engine is suprisingly quiet, but maybe thats cause he was just cruising 8)
number77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:51 AM   #38
kn7671
Regular User

I really fail to see the need of a V-10 powered "Super Truck" as it might be described.

This defeats all technological advancements over the last 40 years. When you go to a drag race, do you see any highly competitive trucks being raced? Would John Force use an F-150 body on the Funny Car Class if allowed? NO.

I would much rather see Dodge/Chrysler develop a real sports-car for the masses. And not the Crossfire either. This is a Mercedes with a made for USA body. I won't buy it, nor any Chrysler product currently on the market. I have attempted to buy thier products, and as usual quality and dealer service is at the bottom of my list.

This just assures that Dodge selling a truck that will do 155mph is pointless. Spend the R&D money spent on this stupid truck and improve the quality of your cars first.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:44 AM   #39
XKR
Regular User

I know the new lightning is supposed to be faster but you cant judge it until its released and besides the lightning has supercharger installed most customers who would buy a performance truck wouldn't keep it stock you can raise the HP on this truck easily it has a lot of potential. 8)
XKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:37 AM   #40
astonmartinandy
Regular User

"ultimate performance truck" surely an oxymoron??
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote