Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2006, 01:02 PM   #16
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
It's been a great read - and I'm not surprised to see the 599 on top of the list as the ECOTY... but I thought that the 997 GT3 would be the final winner, since everytime there's a GT3 or a Turbo from Stuttgart in this contest, that's the one that wins The 599 is just a unique car with hypercar performance and the comfort of a big GT cruiser - I love it!

I expected the Z06 to rank better than the Murci... but I guess they've done a extraordinary effort with the latest italian V12. Good for the Vette - since only the top-of-the-range sports cars (that cost three times more) from Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini have been able to beat it

I'm glad to see the Exige S - the only car of the ones tested that I've experienced myself - up there with the best-of-the-best!

As for the 'part 1' final score... I'm dissapointed with the Litchfield. I was expecting a better result, top3 even... but I guess it's too extreme for normal roads On the other hand there's the Elise - that with minimum weight, and minimum power - has beaten the rest performers :good: I'm surprised with the Megane (on the good side) and with the Cayman (for the bad side) as for the TT, I read lots of positive reviews about it... but I guess it was more comparing it with its predecesor rather than with the competition actually

What I don't get is why the Exige S has beaten the MEgane in the part 2, but in the part 1 the french has been the winner...

Anyway - thanks a lot for the scans... this kind of articles is what makes Evo so good!
Actually it was the Elise S not the Exige S and it beat out the Renault both times it came in 1st for part 1.

I read this whole article (actually the whole issue) on my way home from England last wednesday, it was the first EVO I ever read cover to cover and I have to say I love the mag.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote