Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2006, 05:57 AM   #11
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by bultaco_metralla
I was going to write that, and this penalty is hard as Schumi in Monaco, Alonso is going to be in the last positions... I cant believe such a hard penalty for something we have seen lots of times the fridays and saturdays ... In the case of Monaco i would have deleted Schumi's first fast lap and give him his second fast time, Like i would have do wuth the case of Alonso. You cant compare manoveur of Schumi in Monaco with this little anger between Alonso and Doornbos, and the penalty for this case is harder than should be, i would have put an economic penalty....

BTW, Doornbos didnt move a fucking milimeter to let Alonso pass, who was in a fast lap, Doornbos wasn't.... Block or what??
First off, it was two 1-second penalties, one for his uncalled for aggression on Doornbos (who happened to wind up 4th in the session mind you, not exactly a backmarker), and one for passing under the yellow flags, which is inexcusable whoever you are.

A one second penalty for nearly running Doornbos off the road, then brake checking him at a pretty critical corner, is hardly something to bitch and moan about. There's a reason Renault aren't protesting the penalties you know.
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote